Chapter 54

I was stuck in the hospital for 3 weeks due to the complications. Tony never left my side. I was finally getting to go home today. I slowly stood up, still in pain. Tony was buckling Aiden into his car seat. He placed the extra hospital bracelet on the car seat.

"I'm ready when you are." He said lifting the seat up and carrying by his side.

"I'm ready."

"Take your time, we have all the time in the world." He said, grabbing my hand.

The nurse showed up with a wheel chair.

"I'd like to walk, if that's ok."

"If you insist." She walked off.

"I know you feel a little better."

"And how's that?"

"You're back to your old stubborn self." He smiled.

We walked outside and loaded the baby in the car.

"You wanna stop by McGee's on the way home and get Easton?" He asked. I nodded. I hadn't seen that little stinker in three weeks, and he was less than a week away from turning 1.

When we got there, tony carried the baby up in the carrier. I knocked on the door. McGee answered, with Easton crawling underneath him.

"Hey! Looks who's all better!" He smiled and stepped back welcoming us in.

The first thing I did was sit Easton in my lap and hugged him tight.

"Hey buddy. I missed you!" He smiled and wrapped his arms around my neck. I sat him back on the floor to go play with his toys. McGee sat beside me and hugged me tight.

"Ah easy easy."

"Oops. Sorry. I'm just glad you're better. You scared me. I couldn't live without you."

"Aw. McGee." I hugged him.

"By the way, we decided that we are just keeping your kid. You have a new one! We are just gonna borrow him for a while." He smiled.

"Oh is that right?"

"Yep!"

"I actually did want to ask you and Abs something. Since I've been put on bed rest for the next few weeks, I was hoping you could plan Easton's first birthday party."

"Of course we can!" Abby squealed.

"One condition. It has to be at our apartment so I can still be there."

"Absolutely." McGee agreed.

"Thank you guys so much."

"Oh my gosh!" McGee yelled, pointing to Easton. I turned around to find Baby Easton, taking his first steps