Chapter 4

The ringing phone woke me to reality. The boss man answered it.

"Gibbs. On our way. Grab your gear gang. Dead navy officer." The entire team started scrambling to get things together.

"Do I get to go?" I asked nervously.

"Not a chance newbie." Gibbs replied. He wrote a number on a sticky note and handed it to me.  

"Go make some new friends." Him and the team left in a hurry, but I caught McGee looking back at me on the way out. I waved, as he did the same.

I looked at the piece of paper. It had a floor and room number. I entered the elevator and headed down to the room. I entered the strange room welcomed by blaring music. I saw a strange girl staring at her computer dressed in all black covered by a whit lab coat.

"Your off today Gibbs! I haven't got anything!" She hopped around and frowned at my appearance.  

"You're not Gibbs." She crossed her arms.

"Not quite. My name is Anna. I'm here for the job offer." She stared at me.

"I don't like change." She pouted and turned to her computer.

I walked beside her staring at the screen. I could tell she was trying to get her computers to connect.

"Have you tried re configuring them? Maybe there was just a glitch? Here." I grabbed her keyboard and started typing in commands.  

"See if that worked." I handed her back the keyboard. She pinged her other computers IP address and all the connections came back with 0% lost.

"Thanks!" She seemed thankful, but caught herself.  

"Fine. You are good with computers. One more test. Do you know science?"

"I've been known to."

"Ok here is your scenario. A marine ends up in autopsy. There is no visible wounds. The last think he ate was seafood served by his butler. Who did it and cause of death."

"The best theory for cause of death would be the poison of saxitoxin from certain shellfish. So I'd say it was the butler."

She looked at me impressed.

"Not to bad newbie." I smiled, but then I recognized something.

"That song, is it Black Sabbath?"

She looked at me shocked.

"You know who Black Sabbath is!?" I nodded. She smiled.

"Maybe I can get use to you."