Chapter 91

"Hurry up boys! You don't want to be late and miss it! I'll meet you there!" I yelled through the apartment.

The last 12 years consisted of waking up at 3:00 a.m. once a month and making it to MTAC by 4:30 to video chat with Tony. It was the only contact we had with him.

The boys were 16 and 17. Easton was my smart one and Aiden was my jock. Easton was on the academic team. He was a straight A student. Aiden took after his dad. He had been on the high school basketball team since he was a 7th grader. Easton and Thomas, Abby and McGee's boy, grew up together. They were best friends. Aiden was a very quiet kid. He and his friend Lily, the one he stood up for in preschool, were still very close. They were best friends. Both boys grew up to be so different, yet still they were so close to each other.

I quite my job at NCIS 2 years after Tony left. I was angry and didn't want to be associated with the agency that sent my husband away to God knows where, taking him away from his kids. That was the first time Gibbs didn't try to stop me. He knew. He agreed.

McGee counted down from 3 with his fingers. After he put his index finger down, Tony's face appeared on the screen.

"Hey dad." The boys smiled.

Tony smiled.

"Hey guys. How are you?"

"Good. School, work, bed, repeat." Easton said.

"We think about you everyday." Aiden admitted.

"I think about you guys too. I miss you guys so much." He frowned.  

"So how is academic team Easton?"

"Great! At my last meet, a guy from Stanford came up to me. He will be at our next meet. I might get a full ride to Stanford dad." He grinned, proud.

"I'm so so proud of you Easton. That is amazing! What about you Aiden? How is basketball?"

"Good. Coach has me starting every game." He answered.

"That a boy." Tony smiled.

"We got to go dad. School starts soon. Bye. I love you." Easton frowned.

"Bye dad. Love you." Aiden said, equally disappointed.

"I love you guys too. I'll talk to you soon." He smiled and waved.

"We will wait in the squad room for you so we can say bye." Aiden promised me as he walked out.

I looked up at Tony. He looked so sick. Real skinny, dark eyes, hadn't shaved in weeks. It made me angry.

"Hey sweetie. How you hanging on?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"12 years later and it hasn't gotten any easier." I answered.

He frowned.

"I miss you so much. I just want you back in my arms." He said.

I nodded, trying not to cry.

"Hang in there. It will all be ok. I promise. I love you." He smiled.

I wiped my eyes and looked up the huge screen.

"I love you too."

I looked over at McGee and nodded, giving him to of to shut it off. He shut it off and hugged me tight. I hugged him back tighter.

I walked out to the squad room to find Easton, Aiden, and Thomas waiting to leave for school.

"Bye mom." Easton and Aiden said. They both kissed one cheek of mine at the same time. I smiled.

"Come on, I'll walk you guys down." I said.

We walked over to the elevator and hit the the button. When the door opened, I got the biggest surprise of my life.

"Dad!" My boys yelled, wrapping Tony into the biggest hug he had ever received.