Chapter - 6 | Angels Crèche

Here's the 6th chapter.

It's a long update.

Enjoy reading.

Anokhi took a deep breath and walked towards the bed where Mimi was playing with the doll

Anokhi took a deep breath and walked towards the bed where Mimi was playing with the doll.  Gathering some courage, she calmly called out, "Mimi..."

"Hmmmm...", Mimi sweetly hummed in response.

"Mimi... aap mumma ki ek baat maanoge beta ?", Anokhi requested.

"Haan mumma... main aapki chhaali baat maanungi", Mimi stood up and walked towards her mother.

"Achcha... to Mimi aapko pta haina hum yaha Delhi mein kyu aaye hai?", Anokhi asked gently holding her shoulders.

Mimi thought for sometimes and said, "Hum yaha Delhi aaye hai kyunki aap ko chhchool (school) mein palne (padhne) jaana hai."

Anokhi faintly smiled at her response and cupping her face she said, "School nhi Mimi... COLLEGE... use college kehte hai."

"Ohhhh achcha... c-o-l-l-e-g-e", Mimi stammered while speaking.

"Hmmm college. Achcha to Mimi... ab aap batao... jab mumma college jaayegi t... tab Mimi kaha rahegi ?", Anokhi managed to say this with a heavy heart and tried to gulp back her tears.  

"Mimi apne mumma ke chhaath lahegi", Mimi said happily hugging her.

Her response hit straight Anokhi's heart and shattered into millions of pieces. Whatever little courage she had gathered, was over now. 

Hot tears streamed down her face which she had been holding till now and she hugged Mimi tightly. Mimi released from the hug and as soon as she saw tears in her mother's hazel eyes, she promptly cupped her face between her small palms and said, "Kya hua mumma... aap lo lahe ho ... peeshh mat lo... main aapko paleshaan nhi kalungi "

Mimi was almost on the verge of crying seeing her mumma in a crying mess.

Listening to this, Anokhi quickly wiped her tears and composing herself, she said in a broken voice, "Mimi... Mimi beta... aaj subah hum jaha gaye the vo jagah yaad hai aapko ?", 

"Haan mumma... mujhe yaad hai... vha bohot chhaale jhoole aul khilaune bhi the"

"Mi...Mimi mumma na aapse sorry kehna chahti hai beta k...kyunki mumma aapko apne saath apne college nhi le ja paayegi. Aap please mujhe galat mat samajhna beta... jab tak mumma college mein honge na ta...tab tak aap vha rahoge jha aaj hum subah gaye the. Lekin mumma pinky promise karti hai ki aapko bohot jaldi lene aayegi. Par jab tak mumma aapko lene nhi aati... a...aap vha un khilauno ke saath khel sakte ho, drawing kar sakte ho aur... aur bhi bohot cheeze kar sakte ho beta. Aap meri baat samajh rhe hona Mimi...", Anokhi finally said what she had wanted to say for so long but was afraid to do so because of her guilt feeling. She was thinking how bad a mother she was who would leave her little baby girl in a completely new place where she would be taken care of.