Chapter - 81 | Coping With The Tragedy

Here's the 81st chapter.

Emotional update ahead 🤧

"Boondi Mauchhi... Boondi Mauchhi..." Mimi rose from the bed and began walking towards her group of three Mauchhis, who appeared to be having a conversation.

The three girls were startled and exchanged worried glances as they contemplated what to do next. They'd already gotten a hint as to what was coming next.

They were actually discussing and prepping themselves to confront Mimi about Anokhi whose news they had got to know a while ago and which had shocked them.

Few hours had passed since Anokhi had left, and she still hadn't arrived at nine o'clock at night, making everyone concerned about what was going on there in the rioting area, whether their Aastha Taayij had been found or not, and whether everyone was okay. They then decided to call Anokhi, but she didn't answer.

Fear had gripped them at the time, and they had decided to call Shaan Taayaji because Anokhi had said he was going there as well, but he, too, wasn't answering any calls. At last, they had chosen to call their Shaurya Bhaiya because they thought he might have accompanied their Shaan Taayaji to the rioting area; after all, he had feuded with his mother. When they called Shaurya Bhaiya, the same thing happened, but they kept trying, and eventually it was picked up, but to their surprise, it was picked up by someone else, through whom they received the devastating news.

ACP Ahir had answered the phone and informed them that their Shaurya Bhaiya, Anokhi, and Aastha Taayiji had been admitted to the hospital for treatment, and since their brother was unconscious, Ahir had picked up the phone after numerous calls thinking it might be from his family and he should inform them.

The trio was deeply saddened upon hearing the news, and now faced the challenge of deciding how to respond to the little girl who had been heartily waiting for her Mumma's return.

After much deliberation among the trio, it was decided that the they would remain there and tell Mimi that her Mumma had "important work" to do and would not be able to return today. They knew it was a clumsy explanation, and Mimi might be dubious, but they didn't have any other options in the situation.

"Mumma vaapachh kab aayengi Boondi Mauchhi ?..." Mimi inquired innocently as she approached them.

They were all at a loss for what to do. They didn't have the courage to tell Mimi the truth, nor did they have any other options other than lying to her and hiding the truth because, as of today, the little girl won't be able to see her Mumma, and she won't be at peace knowing that. So Bebo decided to follow their lead.

"Mimi..." Bebo said softly, kneeling to match her height.

"Mimi aapki Mumma naa..." she paused for a moment, "Aapki Mumma ko naa darasal ek bohot zaroori kaam aa gaya hai... Isliye vo aaj vaapas nhi aa paayengi Mimi..."