Chapter - 48 | A Revelation

Here's the 48th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Standing in front of the mirror, she was combing her hair remembering the day of their verbal battle

Though she was extremely upset that he was making false accusations against her, she couldn't help but notice something else: his "eyes".

Those eyes reflected pain, she had observed.

She remembered how enraged he was, but the hurtfulness in his voice that day was perceptible.

"Sirf aur sirf tumhaari vajah se maine apne Dad ko bhi kho diya..."

She had noticed that his eyes had become teary while saying these words, but he was still fighting back tears.

She had a feeling he was very upset about it.

But one thought kept circling in her head: "Meri vajah se?..."

"Meri vajah se Shaan Sir unse door chale gaye ?..."

"Lekin kaise ?...", she said as she tucked the rubber band into her hair.

She then remembered mentioning "Aastha Mam" during their argument.

"Haan hain mujhe naaraazgi tumhaari Aastha Mam se !!..."

"Unhe jaakar keh dena..."

"Vo jitna bhi koshish karle... Meri life mein unke liye koi jagah nhi hai..."

"I just hate her !!!..."

She recalls she had a feeling there was something deeper going on inside him that was causing him so much anguish.

She was infuriated when he said he hated HER, but she had a sneaking suspicion that he didn't say it heartily.

But whatever it was, her mind couldn't stop wondering why he said Aastha Mam had no place in his life.

To him, who was SHE ?

Why would SHE have any place in his life if SHE was just his father's colleague ?

"Aastha Mama ke liye unki life mein koi jagah nhi hai ?..."

"Lekin jagah hogi bhi kyun ?..."

"Vo kaun lagti hai unki ?...", she put the comb back in place.