Chapter - 11 | Alone

Here's the 11th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Anokhi's college session was going to commence from tomorrow

After going through her syllabus, she had already started her self-study by taking help of the resources available on the internet.

***

"Your account No: xxxxxxxx is debited with Rs. 15,000 on ... /... / ... towards ATM cash withdrawal. Available balance is Rs. 30,000"

***

A message popped up on the notification bar of her mobile.

She stared blankly at the screen for a few minutes and spoke to herself, "Yaha aaye ek mahina hone wala hai, meri savings bhi khatam hone ko hai. Aaj 15000 to rent pay karne mein chale gaye, kuch din baad to Crèche ki bhi fees pay karni hai... books... aur kuch electronic tools bhi order karvaana hai... baaki jitney paise bachenge usse main zyaada din nhi chala paaungi... Mujhe jald hi koi kaam dhoondna hoga, part-time job jaisa kuch... lekin main apni studies ke saath bhi samjhauta nhi kar sakti. Koi aisa kaam dhoondna hoga taaki main college aur job dono manage kar paau"

A tension gripped her. The monthly rent, fees, transportation and daily expenditure... were worrying her as to how would she manage her expenses. The scholarship was a big relief to her, but wait !!!... she has to maintain 75 % attendance to avail it. Studying in a private college is not so easy for students like her who belongs to middle class families.

"Koi baat nhi... main zyaada tension nhi lungi is baare mein... kuch na kuch intezaam main kar lungi... abhi mujhe bas apne paadhayi par poora focus karna hai..."

"Mumma... aap mele chhaath kheloge ?..."

Anokhi looked where her daughter was standing with her doll in her hand. She smiled and gestured for her to come there.

Mimi sat down on her lap and she caressed her head.

"Mumma... meli doll ko yeh pehna do", she was trying to wrap the pink cloth around the doll.

"Laao Mimi... mujhe do main karti hu"

She took it and beautifully made her wear the cloth. She made pleats in the chunni and placed it on the doll's shoulder.

"Wowwwww mumma... ye to bohot chhundal (sundar) lag lahi hai... bachh ek cheej aul...", Mimi jumped down from her lap, walked towards the table, took a red pen and came over to Anokhi.

"Haan... ab ye bilkul aapki talah lag lahi hai mumma... ye dekho", she said while doing something on doll's forehead.

Anokhi looked at the doll and found a dot on her forehead.