Chapter - 88 | The Aftermath

Here's the 88th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Anokhi, Raja, and Mimi arrived home

On the way, she asked her Veer ji about his unexpected visit, and he told her that he hadn't informed her beforehand because he was planning to surprise her, but he himself received a huge shock upon arrival that she had been injured in the riots. He went on to say that he had taken a few days off work as he wanted to meet her and his Gulab - Jaamun. He would be returning in a few days.

Anokhi felt happy that he would be with her for a few days and that he had taken leave from the office to come here and see if she and her daughter were having any trouble adjusting to their new home in these months.

After the trio arrived home, they ate their dinner, which they had bought from a shop on the way. Raja had purchased some chapattis with sabji from a nearby Dhaaba so that his sister wouldn't have to do any work.

After they were done with dinner, and everyone was about to go to bed, Anokhi received phone calls from her friends Reema and Betty asking how she was doing and inquiring about her health, and she informed them of her discharge. She hung up the phone soon after, and everyone had fallen asleep, with her on the bed with Shona and Raja on the mattress on the floor.

The sleeping form of her Veer ji on the floor was visible to her in the moonlight. He had to sleep on the floor, and she felt bad about it, but she was helpless as the bed wasn't big enough to fit all of them.

She had repeatedly insisted that he and Mimi sleep on the bed, and she would sleep on the floor, but her Veer Ji was adamantly opposed to it. He said that he had no problem with sleeping on the floor, and that there should be no more talk about it. In the end, she had to give up, and like always, had to agree to him.

A small smile formed on her lips as she acknowledged that her Veer ji had changed a lot which had only strengthened their bond.

She remembered how terrified he was when he found out she had been injured; how he paid for her hospitalization; how he bought night meals from Dhaaba so she wouldn't have to cook; how he didn't let her sleep on the floor; how he made her eat medicine before going to sleep; all of this warmed her heart.

This made her feel very light-hearted, as her Veer Ji had come a long way from his "old" self.

As she was contemplating these things, her thoughts instinctively went back to the moment she was about to leave the hospital after her Veer ji completed the discharge procedure.

She was making her way towards the main gate to leave the hospital with Mimi and her Veer Ji, clutching the torn paper in her fist.