Chapter - 16 | Isn't it Strange ?

Here's the 16th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

It was break time and he was walking through the college cafeteria when his gaze was drawn to a girl working in the kitchen area

He couldn't see her face because he was facing her back.

"Yeh kaun hai ?... Pehle to nhi dekha... shayad new recruitment hogi..."

He was about to walk away when the girl turned around and he was rooted to the spot after seeing her face.

"Yeh ?..."

"Yeh yaha kya kar rhi hai ?..."

He was silently watching her when the girl looked in his direction. He instantly averted his gaze and left from there.

When he arrived at his cabin, his thoughts wandered back to the day she helped his father when he wasn't feeling well.

"Aap abhi bhi yaha khadi hai... "

"Vo... vo main... mujhe laga agar main kuch help..."

"Thank you !... aap jaa sakti hai... I can manage"

"Shaurya !... Is this a way to talk to someone ?... She was just helping me..."

"Anokhi beta... thank you... meri madad karne ke liye... uski baat ka bura mat manna "

After returning home that day, it had occurred to him that he had seen her somewhere, and it was then that he discovered she was this year's CET topper.

"Anokhi..."

"Anokhi Bhalla..."

"Kya maine usse zyaada rudely baat kiya tha us din ?...", he enquired himself.

"Ughhh... leave it. Why do I care ?... Vaise bhi vo bohot irritating hai", he recalls how she bumped onto him twice.

Here this side, Anokhi was cleaning a table, when she overheard some conversations.

"Yaar Dad to maan hi nhi rhe... I hate this...", she whined.

"Hmm... kaise samjhaaye unko hum... vo to apne ghar ke rules ke khilaaf kuch bolenge bhi nhi..."

They were talking when one of the girl's gaze fell on Anokhi.

"Ek min... vo... vo to vhi haina... humaare batch mein padhti hain... aur maine result vale din bhi dekha tha... vo topper hai CET ki..."

The other girl turned her face to that direction.

"Haan... ye to vhi hain... par ye table kyu saaf kar rhi hai... aur usne apron bhi pehna hua hai..."