Chapter - 21 | Meli Pyaali Mumma

Here's the 21th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Shaan is in his flat

Every day after college, he comes here and returns to Sabharwal house at night.

He drowses himself in alcohol and loses track of time. He gets lost in the old memories; a 4-year child enjoying with his family, laughing and playing around merrily, until one day when everything turns upside down. Sorrow replaces the smile on his face. The child is none other than Shaurya.

He avoids that place as much as possible, which in turn worsens his relationship with Shaurya even more, but what else could he do ? He can't live in that place where he has to listen to taunts for remembering his wife, where his own son is against his mother, even though the reason is he himself.

He finds peace in his apartment.

He was sitting on the couch, recalling the unusual event that occurred the previous Saturday.

He was surprised to learn that Anokhi, his college's topper, was his wife's student, and that Anokhi was also a mother of a baby girl.

He began to wonder how he could get information about Aastha from Anokhi without causing her any trouble, but suddenly a question crossed his mind.

He remembered Anokhi taking her daughter with her during duty hours.

But why is that?

He found it strange that Anokhi was young in age, then how come she got married so early.

His mind then wandered to the fact that she didn't wear any overt marriage symbols like mangalsutra or sindoor... It's not that he believes in the convential tradition that a married girl must wear these tokens; he was just thinking that he hadn't seen Anokhi wearing any marriage accoutrements that could indicate her marital status.

Okay, the next question in his mind was, where was her husband ? He was referring to why she brought her daughter with her during duty hours, and the most important question was why she was working in the college canteen and, moreover, as a delivery girl. It meant she was short on cash and had to take these jobs to make ends meet, which led him to believe she was the only earner in her home.

"What if her husband is no longer with her ?... ", he wondered. He felt empathetic on this thought.

He pondered over various possibilities for a while based on her appearance, taking her daughter out on duty, and working outside.

Finally, based on his inferences, he came to a conclusion.

Was what he thinking right ?

Was she a SINGLE MOTHER ???...