Chapter - 26 | Blame Game

Here's the 26th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

"Huh... huh... huhh... huhhhh...", Anokhi was gasping for breath while ascending the stairs.

She was a few minutes late for her class. 

In order to make more money, that auto driver took her on a different route, calling it a shortcut, and wasting more time as a result.

"Main toh late ho gayi..."

"Paanch minute hi hue honge class shuru hue..."

She wondered aloud, "Pehli class to..."

"Hey Matarani !... Aaj toh main gayi firse..."

"Pehli class toh Shaurya Sir ki hain !...", she said as she ran, her hand hovering over her head.

She finally arrived at her class and calmed down by placing her hand over her heart. She took a deep breath before opening the door.

She gobbled the lump in her throat and opened the door slowly and fearfully.

There he was, standing near the whiteboard, holding the marker. 

His gaze met hers, and her heart skipped a beat as she wondered what would happen next.

"M... may I... May I come in Sir ?..."

He took his hand off the board and replaced the marker's cap, and she noticed him approaching her.

Her heart began to race as she anticipated what he would do.

Will he punish her again like that ? 

Or will he directly expel her from college for being 5 minutes late ?

"S... sorry sir... for disturbance...", she apologized.

He stood in front of her, and she looked up to see what he was up to.

He pulled the door handle further open and said, "Padhaariye Miss Bhalla...", welcoming her as if she were some "Queen Elizabeth".

Anokhi blinked nervously and took a step forward.

She tried again to confirm, "M... main andar aa sakti hoon na Sir ?..."

"Jee bilkul...", he smiled broadly.

All of the students locked their eyes staring on her, and she took shaky steps inside to Reema's bench. She sat down, but the way everyone was staring at her made her feel very uneasy.

Shaurya feigned a smile while staring at her, but he was infuriated on the inside. He paid no attention to her and continued his lecture.

Shaurya left after the lecture, and Anokhi wondered, "Aaj Shaurya Sir ko kya hua?... Mujhe daanta nhi..."