Chapter - 18 | Caught Off Guard

Here's the 18th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Anokhi returned home after a tiring day of work

Anokhi returned home after a tiring day of work. She was completely exhausted.

The temperature in Delhi rarely falls below 35 degrees Celsius during the summer.

She was sweating profusely and suffering from a headache, the reason being the scorching sun.

She took a relaxing bath and freshened up Mimi.

Then they had their meal.

While she washed the dishes, her thoughts wandered to how much money she had made that day. She reasoned that if she continued in this manner, she'd be able to better manage her finances. She exhaled a sigh of relief.

She was thinking that since Crèche remains closed on weekends, hence, from now on she will always have to take Mimi with her.

Her thoughts abruptly returned to the incident that occurred at noon.

"Zara si bhi fikr nhi hai use apne bachche ki ?... Agar by chance kuch ho jaata hain to ?..."

"Pta nhi itna kya shauk hai inhe women empowerment ka..."

Suddenly, feelings of despair and rage erupted within her.

"Pta nhi kaise-kaise log hote hai duniya mein..."

"Koi kisi ke baare mein bina jaane aise kaise bol sakta hai ?..."

"Main maanti hoon ki Mimi ko apne saath le jaana risky hain... lekin main... main apni bachchi ko kuch nhi hone doongi... kuch bhi nahi...", certitude flashed in her eyes.

She recalls how some people stared at her strangely when she stopped at the traffic lights, as if she was doing something wrong.

"Log kab chhodhenge ye bhedbhaav krna... kab unhe samajh aayega ki unhe apni chhoti soch badalni hogi... Sabhi modern to ban rhe hain lekin sirf kapdo aur baahari dikhaave ki cheezo mein... unki soch kab modern hogi ?...", she expressed her sadness to herself.

"Koi kuch bhi soche... kuch bhi bole... main apna kaam karti rahungi..."

"Main ANOKHI hoon... aur main nhi rukne vaali..."