Chapter - 57 | A New Beginning

Here's the 57th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

The sun rose in the sky the next morning, heralding the start of a new day, the arrival of a new beginning

As the sunrays entered through the glass and fell on his eyes, his eyes twitched. His brow furrowed as his head throbbed, and he slowly opened his eyes to see the most heartfelt scene. He tried to concentrate his vision only to realize that what he was seeing was real and not a dream and consequently, his eyes turned watery.

He just wanted to see him since tomorrow. He just wanted him to be near him.

The first name he took after gaining consciousness was "Shaurya".

And there he was, his "son", lying beside him in a sitting position. Shaurya was holding his hand firmly in his grip like a small child.

He was sleeping in an awkward position, implying that he had been awake the entire night, which could have been the cause of his sleeping in this manner.

He felt happy and emotional at the same time.

"Shaurya...", a gasp left his lips with a single tear from his eyes.

He raised his other hand and reached out to caress his son's head, expressing his love. He gently ruffled his son's hair with his fingers, unable to believe that his son had been there for him the entire night.

It meant that whatever he said was not true. It meant that he didn't tell those words heartily as told by Anokhi.

He tried to get up to sit properly to ruffle his son's hair, but the movement woke Shauyra up because he was on full alert for any movement. Sensing the motion of the bed, he fluttered his eyes open and quickly looked around to make sure his father was okay. His eyes landed on Shaan who was already looking at him with teary eyes.

Those tears were his fault, and he averted his gaze, hurt and cursing himself for the tears in his eyes.

For a long time, no one said anything. Shaurya continued to steal glances from his father, and looked around with a clear expression of repentance on his face.

"Aap..."

"Aap kaise hai ab ?..."

"Aapki tabiyat ab theek haina ?..."

"Paani... Paani peeyoge aap ?... Main lekar aata hoon..."

Shaan grabbed his hand as he was about to stand up and leave. He came to a halt, but lacked the courage to look his father in the eyes.

"Mujhse ek baar baat karo naa Shaurya..."

"Abhi bhi naaraaz ho mujhse ?...", his wailing voice came out.