Chapter - 30 | Punjabi Kudi

Here's the 30th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Days passed by and finally it was the day of the fest

In those days, whenever Shaurya and Anokhi crossed paths or their gazes met, they distanced themselves.

Anokhi was already irritated with him for saying that she didn't deserve to be there. She was hurt, but she had decided not to let him affect her. She had been admitted there based on her abilities, and she didn't need to be discouraged if others didn't believe in her.

Shaurya too was the same. He had started ignoring her after that day's argument and a brief period of feeling guilty. His "dislike" for her had not curbed but he had decided to not let her affect him whoever she was.

Though his eyes would naturally travel to her every morning in the beginning of his lecture, he quickly averts them when he gets reminded of the fact that she was HER student.

Anokhi and her other friends were ready in their costumes for dance and were doing the last-minute preparations. Her wound had also gradually healed, but it had left a scar.

"Anokhiiii !!!...", Reema exclaimed.

Anokhi, who was adjusting her maang - tikka in front of the mirror, which was bothering her by not being properly set on the place, was taken aback by Reema.

"Kya hua Reema ?...", she asked still trying to set the small piece of jewelry on her head.

"Yaar tu to ekdum Punjabi lag rhi hain !!..."

"Vo kya kehte hain... Haan !!... Bohot sohni lag rhi hain...", Reema complimented.

"Thank you Reema...", Anokhi said, laughing.

"Tu bhi bohot sundar lag rhi hain iss dress mein... Lag nhi rha ki tu Bengali hain...", she said smiling.

"Arre ab hum kaha itni khoobsrat hain apni Punjab di ladki ki tarah...", she teased.