Chapter - 36 | Ambiguity

Here's the 36th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Anokhi was working in the kitchen during her break

She was determined to ask Shaan about the Aastha matter.

Since the morning fight with Shaurya sir, her mind had been stuck on it.

"Main jaldi – jaldi kaam khatam kar leti hoon..."

"Aaj toh main Shaan Sir se pta laga kar hi rahungi ki aakhir baat kya hai..."

She spent a little more time on the canteen work before she was finished.

She hurriedly made her way to Shaan's cabin, not wanting to waste any more time.

She reached there and peeped in to check if he was there.

She was hesitant and felt awkward talking to him because of her fight with Shaurya, but she, too, had no choice. She can't take his condemnations every day for no reason anymore.

"May I come in Sir ?..."

Shaan looked up.

"Arre Anokhi beta..."

"Aao na...", he stood up with a faint smile.

Though he couldn't talk to her these days, every time he sees her, a smile appears on his face because she reminds him of his "NOOR", because Anokhi was her shadow for him.

Anokhi approached slowly, her heartbeats increasing. Though Shaan had always been friendly when speaking with her, the fact that she had come to speak about his own son made her nervous.

"Shaan Sir..."

"Maine aapko disturb toh nhi kiya...", she asked politely.

"Nhi beta..."

"Main abhi free hoon..."

"Tum btao tumhe koi kaam tha ?..."

"Jee sir... Vo... Actually...", she paused.

"Kya baat hai Anokhi beta ?...", Shaan asked softly, noticing her nervous expression.

"Asal mein... Vo... Shau... rya... Sir...", she said in low tone.

Hearing his son's name from her mouth, he had an epiphany that Shaurya had said something to her in anger.

He had seen his son in a bad mood after his morning argument with him. So it was possible for him to vent his frustrations on her. After all, he blamed Anokhi for everything that was going wrong.

He was sorry that Anokhi had to face his son's wrath yet again because of him.

"Bolo Anokhi..."

"Shaurya ne tumse kuch kaha ?..."