Chapter - 50 | Task At Hand

Here's the 50th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

A tear drop fell on the photograph she was holding in front of her eyes and looking at with deep love

She closed her eyes in agony, realizing what an unfortunate mother she was for having to be away from her beloved child for the past thirty years.

It was the most memorable day of her life; "the day he was born".

The day he came into existence in this world.

That day, when she entered motherhood.

That day, she had made a promise to herself to protect and care for her child until the end of her days.

But alas !

She failed.

She was unable to fulfil her role as a mother.

She failed to lavish love on her child.

She wasn't a part of his upbringing.

She failed to fulfil the most beautiful responsibility of her life.

And she failed to be a mother to "him" here.

That precious day is approaching, and she is reminiscing the memories she cherished with him.

"SHAURYA...", a gasp left her lips with another tear drop escaping her eyes.

Her eyes brimmed more as she tenderly caressed the photo with her thumb, realizing that, like every year, she would have to spend the special day without him this year as well.

He, too, would have to go through the day without her.

"Koi baat nhi..."

"Main nhi... Sh... Shaan to haina uske saath..."

"Uska poora parivaar hai..."

"Vo zaroor use khush rakhenge...", her voice weakened.

She had no idea that this year, he would have to spend the day without his father as well, because he was no longer living with him in his home.

Just then, her phone rang and she was startled out of her reminiscence. She wiped her tears away quickly and reached for her phone.

The phone number was unknown.

She took a deep breath and pressed the button to receive the call.

"Hello...", she tried to sound normal.

And there was silence on both sides of the call, and it didn't take long for her to realize who it was.

She didn't want to go ahead with it.