Chapter - 39 | Brilliant Idea

Here's the 39th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Shaurya was in his cabin, constantly ruminating on her thoughts

"Kal se pehle bhi toh kitni baar tests ho chuke haina Sir... Kabhi aapne mujhe dekha hain aaj tak absent hote hue ?... "

"Aur Sir..."

"Aap hi btaaiye..."

"Abhi tak jitney bhi tests hue hain... Usme mera score kabhi low gaya hain Sir ??..."

"Toh fir mera test ko intentionally skip karne ka toh koi matlab hi nhi banta Sir..."

Her words had left an indelible impression on him.

Something was bothering him because of the way she showed him the mirror.

No one had ever dared to speak to him like this before.

Something in him had shifted as a result of the way she fought back with him in a confrontational but respectful manner.

She wasn't arguing with him to justify her failure to appear in the test; rather, she was simply conveying her reason for being absent the day before due to an emergency and requesting that he take her alone test, for which she was more than prepared.

To say he wasn't surprised is an understatement.

In all his years of teaching, he had never encountered a student like her who spoke to him so straightforwardly still staying under limits. Rather, students used to butter the teachers for getting higher grades, and this fierce girl stood out among the rest.

"Anokhi" as her name suggested, was unlike the others.

"Aap aaj mujhse vo test le sakte hain... Chaahe toh usse mushkil questions daal dena Sir... Lekin main taiyaar hoon..."

She was asking him to take a test just for her and even challenged him to put more difficult questions on it, in order to dispel his misconception that she intentionally skipped the test.

He himself couldn't understand whether it was the fact that someone answered to him in a blunt manner that irritated him, or the fact that he was somewhat in favor of what she did that irritated him.

Following the spat, he realized that everything she said was true.

Though he had vented his rage on her, he could tell by her way of speaking that there was a genuine emergency that forced her to miss the test.