Chapter - 12 | First Day in SIEST

Here's the 12th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Anokhi reaches her college after dropping Mimi at the Creche

One week before, she had received the mail regarding the orientation program to be held in the college.

Like any other newbie, she was super excited about her first day in her aspired college. She was feeling nervous, happy, and elicited at the same time.

Gripping the bag strap in her fist, she took mini-steps towards the auditorium.

She was greeted by rows of half-empty plastic chairs.

Settling herself on one of the seats in the last row, she started talking to herself in mind that as she will proceed, there are definitely going to be hardships and failures but there's no looking back from where she was.

Her eyes began to scan each and every corner of the auditorium. It was a really big hall, gracefully decorated with flowers, ribbons, and balloons. Some last-minute arrangements were being made on the stage.

With time, the empty chairs started to fill.

The program ultimately started when everyone settled down.

The anchor invited the Chairman of SIEST to come on stage and address them.

Anokhi saw a man, maybe in 60's climbed onto the stage and stood near the wooden podium.

Firstly, he began by introducing himself and then his years of experience in his own institute, their achievements in the academic field... etc.

She came to know that he was TEJ SABHERWAL, the eldest of the Sabharwal brothers.

Slowly everyone got introduced to other faculties. They were also told about the grievance redressal system of the college so that they may not face any difficulty of any sort.

The program was quite energetic and engaging for her.

At last, the head of the CSE (Computer Science Engineering) Department gave a small speech to them to boost their confidence and morale.

The program was concluded with the national anthem.

After that, they were walked around the campus, shown the dormitories, athletic fields, the library, medical center, and other recreational features.

The library was the favorite part of the tour for Anokhi. From her childhood, books have been her best friends and she was amazed to see the huge library and the stacks of the book beautifully arranged there. She wasn't willing to move a bit from there but had to.

It was their time now to go to their respective classes. Anokhi had to struggle to find her class as it was on the 6th floor and the elevator was undergoing repair.