Chapter - 94 | Zest At The Fest

Here's the 94th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

SAVOURY CARNIVAL

SAVOURY CARNIVAL

These flamboyantly colored words shimmered extravagantly under the sunlight on SIEST's expansive green space, where the entire campus was in a hustle and bustle of people. Not only the college's students, but visitors from off-campus too were allowed to enter the college premises using the entry pass cards that they had to buy to be a spectator of this well-attended event.

Numerous tents could be seen erected across the vast ground, where students could be seen inside their tents, their entire attention focused on setting up the arrangements of their tent-style shop.

Finally, the long wait was over, and... Today was the day of the food festival!

The entire atmosphere on the SIEST campus was completely upbeat, as were the students' faces for the event. Their joy at being a part of this massive event was evident in their cheerful faces; after all, they had worked so hard for it.

The whole event was going to be carried out by the students, and the faculty would only be providing guidance. It is entirely the students' show, from securing sponsorship to wrapping up. They had done their best to make the arrangements. They had shed a lot of sweat and poured their hearts into it, from designing the venue to perfectly reflect their theme, to making local cuisine as close to the authentic taste as possible.

They gathered all of the facts about a state and studied details such as food types, regional staples, service style, main specialties, and so on. It took a lot of work to choose a menu that is truly representative of that region. The flavors must also be authentic. Meticulous work was done as the students can't afford to go wrong. The team which will make the highest profit can be announced as the winner. Every team was therefore pretty competitive.

Another point to mention is that this food festival was not organized for commercial gain. The prices were also significantly lower than those found in commercial eateries. Students were willingly selling their creations at a low cost, but they didn't cut corners with the quality of ingredients; the ingredients used were of fine standards.

Apart from all of this, coming to another aspect of this fest, the main purpose of this fest was not only entertainment, but more importantly, it was to bring out the skills and talent of budding chefs.

Although the college is associated with engineering sciences, it saw as a duty of its curriculum to keep an eye on extracurricular activities as well for the overall development of its students. The food festival was just one aspect of it. Those who have a knack or a passion for cooking will be able to put their theoretical knowledge into practice. This will hone their skills and give them hands-on experience preparing and serving food to guests. This way, the college would be able to achieve one of its goals of exposing its students to new experiences outside of their regular routine.