Chapter - 9 | The Result

Here's the 9th chapter.

Aap log itne excited the isliye BONUS UPDATE🤩🤩

Enjoy reading.

Days were passing by and with each passing day, her apprehensiveness was reaching its peak

A week has passed and the wait is finally over.

It's been an hour since Anokhi is continuously refreshing the webpage and signing in her application no. , birth date and password on college's website in order to see the outcome of her years of hardwork -- her RESULT.

"Ufff... ye result release kyu nhi kar rhe hai... ek ghante se lagi hui hu main. Notifications ke hisaab se to ek ghanta pehle result aane ka time tha aur dekho abhi tak nhi aaya... mujhe bohot tension ho rhi hai...", Anokhi said with a tensed face and tapping her foot on the floor.

Several thoughts turned up in her mind. She began to thought what if her rank gets lowered due to negative marking, if she fails to avail the scholarship or if she fails her own expectations.

Its not that she don't have faith in herself. She gave her 100 percent on the day of her exam. She had used all her knowledge which she had gained all these years. She had attempted the questions wisely to avoid negative marking to the maximum extent. 

The final answer key was released a day back and Anokhi had matched it with her response sheet thoroughly. She expected her marks to be between 90-95 out of 100. But her main concern was her rank. Even a single negative mark can affect one's rank and here she had already got approximately 5-10 marks reduced as she didn't attempt some questions to avoid negative marking. She can get the scholarship benefit only if she ranks in the top 10. This will give her exemption from fees and she can continue her studies without any hindrance.

Only the rank card was the source which can free her from the enormous stress which was taking a toll on her this time.

"Mumma lejult (result) kab aayega ?", Mimi said who was sitting on the table beside her laptop.

"Main bhi vhi soch rhi hu princess... mumma ka result to aa hi nhi rha", Anokhi said refreshing the page for the 50th time.

And hurray! the webpage reloaded and what was written on the top was "SIEST CET (Common Entrance Test) result declared".

Her heart thumped loud just as pupil of her eyes caught sight of the top heading. The thumping ascended to significant times as she filled her login credentials with trembling fingers. Sweat beads formed on her forehead and she kept staring at the blank screen which was still loading. She folded her hands, closed her eyes while Mimi was just innocently looking at her mother and the screen alternately, not able to apprehend what was going on.

As soon as she opened her eyes she found her rank card in front of her eyes. Her eyeballs found their way to the column where it was written "RANK BASED ON SIEST CET SCORE" and the moment she looked at her rank number, she froze.