Chapter - 71 | Near Him; Not For Him

I'm back !... I'm back !

Mimi is back !! 🤧🤧

Thank you so much for waiting for me. It makes me happy to know how eagerly readers were anticipating my come back 🤧❤️

So here we go with the 71th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

A new morning had arrived, but some people's normal lives had become jumbled

"Anokhi... Meri baat suno..."

"Please baat ko samajhne ki koshish karo beta...", Aastha attempted to convince Anokhi once again.

"Aastha Mam...", she cut in.

"Main aaj shaam tak sabhi paperwork complete kar loongi..."

"Abhi main bas college ke liye nikal hi rhi thi...", she sounded low.

Aastha sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to persuade her headstrong daughter like student, Anokhi, over the phone, so she gave up for the time being.

"Theek hai Anokhi..."

"Tumhe main abhi bas itna hi kahungi ki ek baar firse apne decision ko consider karo... "

"Isse zyaada aur kuch nhi kahungi...", Aastha said calmly, as she had other plans.

"Maine bohot soch – samajhkar yeh decision liya hai Aastha Mam... Ab aur kuch hai hi nhi sochne ke liye..."

"Main aapse shaam ko baat karungi..."

"Hmmm...", said Aastha solemnly.

Aastha hung up the phone and sat by the window, lost in thought about the previous night when she had called Shaan to inform him of Anokhi's college leaving decision so that he could help her get Anokhi to stay back until she could handle the situation herself.

She recalls her conversation with Shaan the night before.

Aastha dialled Shaan's number with trembling hands. She was in desperate need of his help at the time, so she decided to go for it. The phone rang, and was picked up right away.

"Noor ?...", Shaan's voice was full of joy; perhaps he thought she had called him casually.

"H... Hello Shaan...", she said, her voice quivering.

"Noor..."

"Tum... Tum theek hona ?..."

"Tumne mujhe phone kiya ?...", his voice clearly conveyed how happy and unbelievable it was for him.

She didn't waste any time and started disclosing the matter.