Chapter - 17 | Rubbish !

Here's the 17th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

Saturday has arrived

Today it's going to be her first day of work in Swiggy.

Anokhi is getting ready. She puts on a mask and makes Mimi wear it too.

With keys and helmet in her hand, she leaves for the restaurant.

The mid-day sunlight ​glimmers through the water showering out of the fountain.

HIS fingers trail down the carving of the fountain's structure and a small smile appears on his lips as he reminisces some memory.

The water droplets gush out of the sprinkler and the same way tear drops slowly cascade down his eyes.

"Aaj ka din..."

"Mujhe yaad hai... tumhaare aankhon par patti bandh ke tumhe yaha laaya tha main..."

"Aur fir..."

"Fir isi favvaare ke kinaare khade hokar... tumhe... tumhe apni dil ki baat batai thi maine..."

"Aur fir tumhaare dil ki baat jaane ke baad m... mujhe kitni khushi hui thi... m... mujhe aaj bhi yaad hai vo sab..."

He smiles through tears as he says to himself, "Happy birthday NOOR..."

After a while of aimlessly walking through the greens in nature's comfort and relishing some happy memories from his past, he begins to leave, but the keys fall from his grasp.

He bent to pick up, but before he could, a small pair of hands grabbed it up and forwarded towards him.

He straightened himself and looked amused at the tiny frame standing there.

"Maine aap chhe pehle utha liya... main jeet gayi... ", she said cutely with glittering eyes.

He chuckled and patted her head gently.