Chapter - 99 | Pride and Prejudice

—◈—

Hello to my dear readers.

First of all, a heartfelt thanks for waiting for me this long🤧🤧🤧💗💗

I know saying sorry won't make any difference, but I sincerely owe you all an apology.

I'm really sorry for this prolonged delay. There's really nothing I could have done to prevent it. 

Today, after almost 7 months since the last update, I am delighted to share this next chapter with you. And through this, I hope to reassure you that, no matter how difficult it becomes to find time to write, this story will continue until it reaches its rightful ending, which still has a long way to go. I will never leave it before that.

~ I'm so thrilled to share a special message with you all at the end of the chapter ~

—◈—

Here's the 99th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

The evening had arrived

"Huff..." Anokhi could finally exhale a sigh of relief after finishing her chores and college work.

Classes, canteen work, and the commute from PG to college and back—she had grown to find the days far too exhausting.

Even on weekends, she was unable to relax due to her Swiggy duty.

How much effort it has taken her since the beginning. She hoped that her perseverance would bear fruit at some point in her life. She was exhausted but ambitious.

It was getting close to seven o'clock in the evening, Anokhi noticed.

She looked over at Shona, her sleeping angel, who was having her nap peacefully.

With a warm smile, she leaned in to give Mimi a gentle caress.

Mimi, comforted by her Mumma's touch, shuffled a little in her sleep.

As Anokhi sat back straight, she remembered she was forgetting something.

"Davaai lagaana toh bhool hi gayi..." The thought of applying cream to her wounds crossed her mind.

She stood up and grabbed the tube from the shelf. She began gently massaging her wrist area with the gel. The blisters were sore and rubbing on them still hurt. She was doing it lightly, though.

With her gaze fixed on the burned area of her hand, she was applying the gel in circular motions when someone's face flashed across her mind. Her fingers consequently stopped working the next second.