Chapter - 75 | World Crashing Down Around

Here's the 75th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

The following day had arrived

After a lot of chaos since few days, Shaurya awoke today to a sunshiny, relaxed morning.

The "relaxation" was in the backdrop that a person had not left Delhi just because him. This was all he needed, and nothing seemed more calming at the time.

But one thing remained a source of discontent in his mind and it was "MISS AASTHA KASHYAP".

She was in Delhi, and he knew she was there only for her student, but the fact that she would be returning in a few days made his heart sink.

After appearing in front of him after a long period of thirty years, she would go back without even an attempt to meet him, made him realize how "negligible" he was to her, and this broke his heart.

Despite his best efforts to convince himself that he hated her, he couldn't deny his heart's desire for her. His heart will not let him continue to believe that her presence didn't matter to him. Of course, it mattered to him, and he needed to know how long she was there.

Although he would not go to meet her or even allow her to meet him, his heart yearned to know how long she would be in Delhi, so that he could be content with the knowledge that she was somewhere close by.

After spending so much time thinking about HER, realization struck him, and he shook his head to dismiss his thoughts. He started convincing himself, as he always did, that she didn't matter to him and that her presence won't make any difference.

"Mujhe unke yaha hona yaa naa hone se koi fark nhi padta..."

"Main..."

"Main nhi sochunga is baare mein...", his eyes moist.

"Jab unhe mera khyaal nhi... t... toh main kyu sochu unke baare mein...", his voice broke.

"Main bhi nhi sochunga unke baare mein... Vaise bhi vo yaha mere liye nhi aayi !...", he yelled, storming inside the bathroom.

He got ready after freshening up and headed downstairs for breakfast, as he did every day.

Devi was there, and he greeted her with a good morning, to which she did respond.

Devi was staring at Shaurya, her mind racing with thoughts. Shaurya hadn't spoken to her about Aastha until now, which shocked her because she felt his hatred had softened after seeing his mother on that day after thirty years. Though she wanted to talk to Shaurya about Aastha, she had been waiting for him to speak to her himself, but now she felt she needed to talk to him otherwise he would go out of her control. She made up her mind to speak with him and provoke him against Aastha at a convenient time.