◂ PRECAP ▸

"Yeh maine kya kar diya..."

"Pta nhi kya ho gaya tha mujhe... Kya sochke aisi baatein bol baithi main unhe..."

"Vo toh vaise bhi bohot gusse mein gaye the yaha se..."

"Kya maine unhe hurt kar diya ?..." she repented for her own behavior.

...

Her phone rang while she was feeding Mimi.

She took her phone from the bedside table and was surprised to see the caller ID.

She wondered why he was calling at this time, as it was his office hours.

She nervously pressed the receive button, fearful that he might inquire about her wellbeing. She felt hesitant about lying.

...

She was taking a nap when her ears were drawn to the opening of the door. On turning her eyes there, she found him standing there.

"Shaurya Sir !..." she quickly sat up straight after noticing that he was about to leave.

When he heard her calling, he was forced to stop in his tracks.

She had been looking forward to seeing him ever since their argument. Now that he had come, she wanted to clear off the matter.

Breaking the awkward silence, she finally spoke up.

"Sir..."

"Aap yaha... Is vakt..."

"Koi kaam tha aapko ?..." she said warily, unsure how to start the conversation.

"Hospital mein pochha lagaane aaya tha... Aapko bhi chaahiye koi seva ?..." he took a jibe at her, stepping inside and shutting the door behind.

His demeanor took her by surprise. She was irritated that, despite being hurt, he didn't express it directly and was being uncouth by retorting her.

"Har vakt taana maarna hota hain unhe..." she muttered under her breath.

...

"Rukiye !..." she had to stop him yet again as he was leaving.

"Problem kya hain tumhe Miss Bhalla ?..." he grumbled as he turned around.

"V... voh mujhe aapse kuch..."

"Kuch bolna tha..." she said timidly, gathering herself.

"Kya bolna hain aapko ?... Aur kya sunaana baaki reh gaya hain ?... "

"Aur bhi kisi cheez ka BLAME daalna baaki hain ?..." he retaliated.

"Aap har baat ko ulti disha mein kyu lekar jaate hain..."

"Main toh aapko than-..."

"MUMMA !..." Suddenly, a voice drew their attention to the door, where they discovered Mimi trembling while holding a tray with a cup on it.

"Main gilne (girne) vaali hoon Mumma !!..." her legs wobbled as she struggled to balance the tray with her tiny palms.

"Princess !!..." Shaurya rushed over to her.

...

He put the tray on the bedside table, and taking his Princess in his arms, he made her sit beside her Mumma.

As she watched him lift her baby girl to the bed, a small smile unknowingly crept onto her lips.

"AAP KAUN HO JI ?!..." a stern voice from behind made him jump in his place.

He turned around only to find a man staring at him spookily.

...

The man moved closer to Shaurya and scanned him from head to toe.

"Professor ???..." 

"Yeh professor hai tere ??..." The man's face twitched, and his voice returned to normal tone this time.

Shaurya reverted to his professor persona, clearing his throat and straightening his collar as part of his stylish confidence, capturing the man's attention.

Anokhi was looking at both of them, savoring the moment because it was something new to see.

...

"Laddoo... Laddoo !!..." Mimi ran down to her beloved Laddoo with happiness.

Shaurya looked at her and was surprised to see her joyfully approaching him.

He watched her running towards him, holding a rose in one hand and a folded page in the other.