Chapter - 37 | Affected Preference

Here's the 37th chapter.

Enjoy reading.

With tears in her eyes, Anokhi was caressing her sleeping baby girl's head

She was feeling terrible for not being able to properly care for her daughter.

She was remorseful she wasn't there for Mimi when she needed her the most.

She cursed herself for Mimi's condition.

Mimi's body was burning with heat, and it was causing fire in Anokhi's heart. Her little daughter was suffering, and she couldn't bear it.

She recalls how she encountered Mimi on the Crèche.

Anokhi had gone to Crèche to pick up Mimi after finishing college, as she always did.

She had only just entered the Crèche when she was startled by what she saw in front of her.

Mimi was in the arms of Dolly Aunty (The Nanny), with a gloomy crying expression on her face.

She was devastated to see her in that state.

"Mimi !!...", she shrieked.

The Nanny turned and approached her.

"Anokhi beta..."

"Achcha hua tum aa gayi..."

"Dekho..."

"Mimi ko bohot tez bukhaar hai..."

"Usne tiffin bhi poora nhi khaaya..."

Tears welled up in her eyes listening to it. Her Mimi was ill and she didn't have any ounce of idea.

Mimi, who was half asleep in Nanny's arms, mumbled to herself in her sleep, "Hmmm... Mamma ke paachh jaana hai..."

Anokhi's heart ached at the thought of not being there for her daughter when she needed her.

She immediately took in her arms.

"Mimi..."

"Mumma aa gayi hai dekho...", she said softly as she stroked her back.

Mimi recognized the familiar warmth as her Anumaa and she snuggled to her chest and fell asleep, completely unaware of her surroundings.