Chapter 11

I turned around and started running up the stairs to our room.

I felt him walking behind me, his heavy footsteps making me aware of how close he was. As soon as I got to our room, I shut the door and locked it.

My emotions once again got the best of me and I started crying tears of anger. This time my wolf was on my side. She felt hurt by the way her mate treated her, even when we hadn't done anything.

My chest hurt, which made it harder to control the tears rolling down my cheeks. Dylan was banging outside the door, telling me to open it.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and allowed myself to weep. I hated how out of control my emotions were.

Since Dylan marked me last night, I spent all my time crying, craving his company, or making out with him.

Dylan was threating to break down the door if I didn't open it. I was preoccupied with feeling depressed, that I paid no attention to him.

With one hard push, Dylan managed to break the lock and come into the room. He was about to yell at me, when he caught on to my state.

He abruptly stopped himself from yelling and I almost laughed at how funny his expression looked.

Seeing Dylan, made my wolf almost shift. In the past week, I had only shifted two times for about twenty minutes each. I hadn't made time to go for a run and I knew if I didn't take control of my wolf, I would shift.

Dylan standing in front of me, in the state I was in, caused mixed emotions on my wolf and me. She wanted to be with her mate, but still felt upset by his words from earlier.

"Leila, what's wrong?" Dylan asked softly as he kneeled in front of me and positioned himself in between my legs. I shook my head and looked away from his gaze.

In the background, I heard Dylan talking to me. But my mind was numb. I ignored him and moved away to lie down on the bed.

I was facing opposite from where Dylan was at. He moved himself to lay down behind me. I felt his arm around my waist and he pressed me closer to his body.

"I want you so much. I want to have an assurance that you are mine and no one will come between us," Dylan said, as he started stroking the side of my waist.

"How could you possibly think that what happened downstairs was flirting?" I asked him, my voice sounding shaky.

"Jace is my best friend. I have known him my entire life. He's a good guy," Dylan said, now moving away from me.

I turned to face him and searched his face for answers. He no longer looked mad, jealous, or apologetic. Dylan looked serious.

"If you know he's a good guy, then why are you so upset?" I questioned him, feeling confused.

"It is because of that, that I fear him the most when it comes to you," Dylan solemnly replied.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, as I placed my hand on the side of his face.

"Any other guy in the pack wouldn't consider going after you. I know Jace wouldn't either because he respects me and we have been best friends our entire life. But if anyone had a shot at stealing you from me, it would be Jace. I can see the way he looks at you," Dylan finished saying. His eyes were turning dark, but it was caused by anger this time.

"Nothing will ever happen between Jace and me," I assured him, with a small smile.

"I know that. I would never allow it," Dylan replied.

He grabbed both my wrists on his hands and laid me down on the bed, getting on top of me in the process.

"You are mine," Dylan stated, as he crashed his lips on mine roughly. In the kiss I felt all the jealousy he felt for Jace and how possessive he was of me.

It was late in the afternoon when we left the room and went downstairs to eat. I was starving and from the sounds of it, Dylan was too.

"It's your entire fault," I told Dylan while we sat in the dining room eating spaghetti I had prepared.

"How is it my fault? I hardly do anything to you," Dylan defended himself.

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but ever since you claimed me, I've been a river of tears," I told him.

"You know, I noticed you had been... different all day. I thought it was because you missed your home or something like that," Dylan replied, looking thoughtful.

"Well, I do, but I'm sure it's not that." I quickly answered, trying to divert the subject from getting back to my home.

"So you think the mark is causing all this?" Dylan asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm sure of it. Not only that, if I'm not crying, I have spent the rest of the day making out with you," I told him as I ate a meatball.

"Now that, I did notice," Dylan said, smirking.

"Of course you would notice that," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"With us making out all day, I assumed you had finally come to grips about being mates and needing to be together."

"Well, it has. The main reason is because you claimed me."

"Me claiming you is a good thing. I took my time doing it, you should be glad I didn't claim you right after we met," he said, in a condescending tone.

"You're a jerk," I replied, while glaring at him.

"It's supposed to happen," Dylan said after silence had fallen between us.

"What is?" I questioned, not understanding what he meant.

"My dad told me that after he claimed my mom, she didn't want to be away from him."

"Yeah? And what did they do?" I asked, now curious to know more about his family.

"They mated the day after," Dylan casually replied, shrugging.

"What?" I asked, almost choking on my food.

"And, even though I really didn't want to know, my parents said that after they mated, it was hard to stop... mating," Dylan finished saying, uncomfortably.

I looked at him a little scared and completely surprised.

I knew a lot about mates, but there were some things I had chosen not to find out about.

I had seen my parents, and they were really close. I should have expected Dylan and me to be really close, maybe even more than my parents since we had just met.

Our wolves would want to be together all the time to celebrate that they found each other.

"Regular wolves have a very strong bond with their mates. Alphas, they practically become the same person. I have no idea why, but you emit power. It's almost like if your bloodline is of an Alpha or a Beta," Dylan said, looking too curious for my liking.

Since I met him, he hadn't straight up asked about my past, but lately, he'd been dropping hints. He wanted to know where I came from and who I really was.

I wasn't ready for that yet.

Show the vote button some love, and leave a comment if you will. Thank you loads for reading! Cheers!