Chapter 39

I opened my eyes to a dark room. I was lying down in our bed, and Dylan was right next to me. I turned to check the time on the clock and noticed it was 2:30 in the morning.

The last thing I remember from last night was sitting on the couch, trying to ignore as Dylan and Blake talked about Alpha Nicolas. 

I had fallen asleep. I hadn't noticed when Dylan had carried me upstairs.

My body was exhausted. It really had been a long day. Instead of fighting the sleep, I just let myself drift off again.

The shuffling on the bed caused me to wake up. I sleepily opened my eyes to find a naked Dylan standing next to our bed. Quickly, I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

Dylan's chuckle made me open one of my eyes and sneak a peak in his direction.

"I know you're awake," Dylan said. After saying that, he walked to the restroom and shut the door.

My face was warm, probably from the blush that was covering it.

When Dylan came out of his shower, I was still laying down in the bed. I was wide awake, but I felt too lazy to get up.

"We need to talk," Dylan said seriously, coming to sit on the bed, next to me.

"Is it about what Blake said last night?" I asked, my voice coming out soft.

Dylan nodded once and looked at me intently. I didn't react in anyway. I was expecting the worse from the call.

"What did Blake say? What does Alpha Nicolas want?"

"You don't have to call him Alpha Nicolas. You're an Alpha too," Dylan said, placing one of his hands on my thigh.

"I know, but it feels weird not to call him that," I said, thinking about all the times I'd refer to him that way.

"Nicolas wants to get all the other packs against me, or at least on his side. He wants a fight," Dylan said.

He was looking into my eyes, and I tried not to show the fear I felt. I didn't really care about me. I just wanted Dylan and his pack to be safe. After all, this was my fault.

"What are we going to do?" I asked him.

"Blake said we have his full support. Other packs contacted me last night, wondering what problem Nicolas and I were having. Most don't want to interfere but, he still has Jackson and his pack backing him up."

"Why can't he just leave us alone?" I asked, looking down at my hands that were resting on my lap.

Dylan put one of his hands under my chin, and made me look up at him.

"It'll be alright. He won't take you. And, I'll make him leave us alone," Dylan said. He wrapped his arms around my waist and brought me to sit on his lap.

He started kissing my neck, running one of his hands on my waist. Being near him made me forget about all the problems we had- at least for a few moments.

Sooner than I'd like, he had pulled away from me.

"I have to leave. The pack needs to be ready and I need to create new rounds for us to run. I'm also going to extend them to an hour, and we will be having about ten every day."

"That sounds like a lot of work."

"It's not. We're a large pack. The more protection, the safer it will be. Besides, there are plenty of men in the pack. I'm only making everyone do an hour run per week. I don't want the pack to give up all their time," Dylan explained.

"Thank you," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and bringing my lips over his.

When I pulled away, I looked at Dylan, wanting to keep his face in my mind all day.