Chapter 105

Now I had to figure out what exactly was going to make me crazy. Leila's close friendship with Eric was the reason I liked having John as her second guard.

John was focused and he didn't let things slip. It also helped that he had a mate. Eric on the other hand, let Leila get away with anything, sometimes much more than I did.

I still wasn't sure of that close knitted friendship they had. Eric's mother was missing a few marbles, but I agreed in one thing with her.

Since Eric spent so much time with Leila, I would feel a heck of a lot better if he had his mate.

"Ready to go?" I asked Leila right after entering the room.

"What? But we just got here," she complained, holding on tighter to Eric's hand.

I noticed it, and so did my Wolf.

Deep breaths, I told myself, trying to keep my Wolf in check.

"Eric, your mom probably wants to see you. She'll be here soon," I said, nodding at Leila and extending my hand out for her.

It was hard to miss her scrunched up eyebrows, as she openly scowled at me.

"That woman will be the death of me," Leila stated, crossing her arms.

"I hear you," Eric agreed, as he groaned and sunk deeper into the bed.

She still hadn't taken my hand, so I went to her instead. I walked to her side and wrapped my arm around her waist. I looked at Eric, just quietly letting him know with my movement that Leila was mine, my mate.

"It's good to see you awake," I told Eric.

He smiled, more at Leila than at me.

"It's good to be awake, and it's good to see you both," Eric said, only looking at my mate now.

He looked at Leila with a sad expression, which I didn't exactly approve of. When he looked down at her flat stomach, I knew why he was giving her that expression.

She had told him about the pup.

I closed my eyes for a few moments, willing the anger not to surface. Nicolas was gone and that was all that mattered. Although I never told Leila, I was glad that her no-good piece of sh!t father was also burning in hell.

He'd been the main cause of her sufferings. He had attacked her and he had landed Eric in a coma.

Nothing would give back Leila and me what had been taken from us with that psychotic idea Nicolas and Jackson had- but seeing Jackson, Nicolas, and Leila's father dead was a start.

"Call me when you're out, yeah? Dylan and me will come and get you. If you want to stay with us, I'll take care of you," Leila told Eric with a grin.

I frowned at her, not liking the sound of those words.

"Leila, he's not a baby," I told her.

"He's sick, Dylan," she said, dismissing my words.

I looked at the ceiling, wondering if I'd ever have some sort of guidance when it came to dealing with my mate.

"Oh, now who's being a baby," I heard her say.

She was looking at me now, her grin directed to me. I smiled, liking her attention on me a lot better.

"I'll see you later Eric," Leila told him, kissing his forehead.

"Laters Leila, Alpha," Eric said, waving at us and settling back in the bed.

I didn't like Leila kissing Eric- even if it was on his forehead. I was hoping that habit would go away after Eric was feeling better.

"Aren't you tired?" I asked Leila right after we got home.