Chapter 64

In that moment, more than any other, I wished I had someone to talk to- a girlfriend, someone from my pack, even my mom. But no one was there. I only had Dylan. If I was mad at Dylan, I didn't have anybody else.

The only other person I could talk to in the pack was Eric, and now Dylan had taken him away too.

I could feel my lower lip trembling, as a sob escaped from my lips.

"Hey, Leila, listen to me. It's okay," Jace said, embracing me.

I thought I would start bawling like a baby, but I didn't. Only silent tears were running down my cheeks, and soaking Jace's shirt.

"Shh... It's alright," Jace cooed.

I kept quiet, trying to control my breathing.

I found that counting Jace's heart beat was a good way to distract myself.

We remained that way for a few minutes. Jace was standing next to the front door, comforting me, while I tried gaining some composure.

"I'm sorry. This is probably really inappropriate, and sort of awkward, but- thank you," I told him, my voice still sounding shaky as I spoke.

"Should I be worried? Is Dylan hurting you or something?" Jace asked me, looking concerned.

I shook my head, and looked away from him, toward the front door.

"Do you think you can go and get Dylan for me?" I asked. I could've called him through our mind link, but I wanted a few more moments to breathe.

"I will," Jace said, without stepping away.

"What happened? Please tell me. You're going to worry me more if you don't," Jace said, caressing the side of my face.

I didn't pull away from his touch, but I knew it was wrong. My Wolf was telling me I should push Jace away. He wasn't Dylan, and he shouldn't be touching me.

"I miss home," I said, giving him the best smile I could muster.

Jace looked at me with eyes full of pity.

"I'm sorry," he said, smiling sadly.

"It's okay. I mean, I guess I just felt a little lonely. Dylan and I got into an argument before coming here, so that just added to that. But I am sorry for troubling you with my whining," I said to him, trying to lighten the mood.

"It's not whining. Don't say that. Hell, I don't know what I would do if I were in your place. I know being here is a big change for you. You don't have to feel bad for getting down about it once in a while."

"Thank you," I said, giving him a half hug, before resting my back on the front door.

"I'll go get Dylan for you," Jace said, smiling at me, before walking away.

I walked outside, and sat on one of the benches in the front porch. There were some people coming and going. Whenever anyone passed by me, they would lower their heads, and greet me.

The sky was already dark, and it was starting to get fresh. Now that I'd had some moments to myself, I was starting to feel better.

"Leila!" I heard Dylan yell my name somewhere inside the house.

I didn't stand up. He would find me without having to tell him where I was. Seconds after that, Dylan burst out the front door, looking worked up.

"Why did you leave without me? I was looking for you!" Dylan's raised voice was attracting the attention of some of the members from the pack.

"Let's go," I said, getting up and walking away from him.

He followed after me, only to yank me back.