Chapter 15

We reached his house, which was what I had been expecting. It was massive, and looked elegant- despite it being in the middle of the woods.

He was still dragging me along by the shoulder. Once we reached inside, he walked us to a room I assumed was his office.

"Sit," he ordered, going behind the desk and grabbing a shirt.

He grabbed his phone and started pacing around the room.

"Russell, I need you here in five minutes," he said into the phone.

"No, everything's alright, just come," he told whoever he was talking to.

We waited in silence until the guy, who was probably Russell, got there.

"Is she... your, mate?" the guy asked the Alpha as soon as he entered the office.

The Alpha shook his head but didn't say anything else.

"I need you to watch her while I go up and shower," the Alpha told the guy.

"Sure," the guy replied, walking into the room.

"If she tries to leave, just restrain her," The Alpha warned him, but looked at me as he said that.

"Who is she?" he asked with a curious look on his face.

"I'll be back," was what the Alpha replied before leaving.

I was sitting in the chair, staring at the desk but not really paying attention to anything. The guy, Russell, was just looking at me.

"Who are you?" He asked me, while he leaned on the wall with his arms crossed.

"I'm a rogue, and you?" I said, casually.

"Yeah, and I'm the Alpha," the guy said in a mocking tone.

"So you're saying you're too weak to be an Alpha?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. He looked offended by my comment, but didn't reply anything back.

"I'm not weak," he said after minutes had gone by.

"Sure you're not," I replied sarcastically.

"He did say to restrain you."

"Only if I was trying to escape, and I'm not," I told him, narrowing my eyes. His comment has disturbed my wolf and she was yelling to be let out.

"How exactly would he know if you tried to escape or not?" The guy asked, his voice sounded teasing, but with an edge to it.

"He would know if I tell him," I said, looking away from him.

"Right, and who would he believe more? His third in command and one of his best friends, or you?" The guy asked, a grin playing on his face. 

I returned it with one of my own and stood up to be in front of him.

"It would be sad if he kicked you out of the pack for threatening me, wouldn't it?" I asked him, giving him the best smirk I could muster.

Right now I was playing a dangerous game and I didn't even understand why I was doing it. His alpha or even he could have me not only banished from their territory, but also killed.

"Why would he kick me out?" He asked, and I finally started hearing worry in his voice.

"I don't know, you should ask him. I'm just a rogue here," I replied, chuckling.

The guy just looked at me and remained silent.

The Alpha entered the office about ten minutes later wearing dark jeans and a black shirt, which made his gray eyes stand out.