Chapter 69

Eric was beside me, as we approached the house where the underground prison was at. It was a lot like the prison Alpha Jackson had. Both of them held the same appearance.

I knew inside, there would be a door that led to the underground cells. It was easier to keep the Wolves captive down below, where they had to pass several barriers in case they tried to escape.

"Are you sure you want to be here? Blake's mate isn't going to be the only one underground. There will be other prisoners," Eric said, looking unsure about letting me enter.

There were five guys outside of the house.

I nodded my head at him, and continued on my way.

"Luna," several guys said, as they bowed their heads to me. I smiled at them as best as I could.

Eric opened the door to the house, and once again turned to face me.

"I'm sure," I told him, and passed him as I made my way inside.

It took us longer to reach the part of the cells. Only once had I visited the cells that Alpha Jackson had. Dylan's underground prison was a lot bigger than the one from my former pack.

We had been walking through a dim corridor, but I saw a huge metal door ahead of us.

"The cells are across that door," Eric said.

I stopped where I was, now feeling unsure about going inside.

"Jace told me that they have the other three Rogues in a solitary room. Blake's mate is in a regular barred cell. He didn't want her out of his sight," Eric explained.

"Can you call him?" I asked him, my voice sounding weak.

I was starting to feel nervous, and my stomach was doing somersaults inside of me. I didn't want to walk inside, and see Blake looking at his mate, while I couldn't do anything to help him.

"You want to talk to him out here?" Eric asked.

"Can I? I just, I don't think I can go inside," I told him.

He looked almost relieved by my words.

"I think this is better. You shouldn't be in there with all those Rogues." When Eric said that, I felt worse. I'd been a Rogue once as well.

"Come on, there's empty room over here," Eric told me, and started walking me to another section of the underground area.

Dylan's prison was definitely a lot bigger than the one Alpha Jackson had.

"Where is she?" I heard Blake's voice down the hall.

I'd been in one of the room's where Eric had pointed me through. I was assuming it was a waiting room for the members of the pack who had to watch over the place. There was a couch, a TV, a fridge, and other things you would usually find in a lounge area.

"She's in there," Eric said.

Just as he finished saying that, Blake stormed into the lounge room. I stood up straighter- looking at Blake- wanting to know what was running through his mind.

I was about to say something, when Blake made his way toward me and held me in a bone crushing hug. Eric was standing at the door, looking at us cautiously.

'Be careful with him right now,' Eric said to me through our mind link.

I frowned at him, even though I wasn't sure if he could see me. Blake's arms were wrapped around my waist, his hands resting on my lower back. With how tight he was holding me, I felt even smaller in his arms.

'Blake would never hurt me,' I replied to Eric, who still kept his eyes on Blake.

'You don't know that, especially right now,' Eric said. I could feel his intense stare on us, but I ignored him. Right now, I wanted to know how Blake was doing.

Blake hadn't said anything. He was only holding on to me for dear life. His head was nestled in my neck, and I could hear his leveled breathing.

"I found my mate," Blake finally said, loosening his hold on me a little.

"I heard," I replied, smiling at him.

He looked terrible. I'd just seen him a few hours ago. In that time span, it was like he'd aged ten years. I knew it was all the worry he had over his mate.

"I need to talk to you," he said.

"I'm here," I told him, putting my hands on the sides of his face, wanting for some of his pain to be relieved. 

I was certain that nothing I did would make him feel better. If I was in his place, and the same thing was happening to Dylan, I'd probably be going crazy.

"Just you alone," Blake said, turning to nod at Eric.

"I'm not leaving you alone," Eric quickly replied, taking a few steps into the room. He was standing defensively, looking ready to attack Blake at any moment.

"I'll be fine," I told Eric, nodding at him once.

'I want to stay with you,' Eric said through our mind link, looking at me directly.

I didn't know what to do. Blake was my best friend. I had been able to count on him since the moment I met him. He had the opportunity to kill me when I trespassed in his land, yet he had allowed me to live. I owed him.

But I'd been close to Eric since coming into the pack. He'd basically had my back time and time again.

"This is my mate we're talking about, Leila," Blake said, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I looked at him, and then at Eric.

Eric glared at Blake, looking bothered by something, but I didn't know what.

Suddenly, Eric started walking away from us. I thought he would leave the room, but he didn't. He closed the door to the lounge room, which had still been open. After that, he locked it, making sure that the door was actually closed shut to anyone outside.

"My loyalties lie with you, Leila" Eric told me, bowing his head once, to show respect.

"If he wants to say anything, even if I don't agree with it, I will be by your side," he said.

Blake stared at Eric for a while, looking like he was testing him out.

"Even if it's something that Dylan won't approve of?" Blake asked Eric.

"Dylan is my Alpha, and I respect him. But I've always been with Leila, and that's not going to change. Especially if I know something might go wrong- with whatever it is that you two plan to do," Eric said, sounding more serious than I had ever heard him speak.

I nodded at him, and focused my attention on Blake. Eric said I could trust him, and that was all I needed to know.

"I haven't been able to talk with her much about what happened," Blake admitted.

"Has she accepted you?" I asked him, knowing she probably already had.

"She did, but everything is really complicated," he said.

While Blake and I remained standing, Eric took a seat on one of the couches- still keeping his eyes on Blake.

"I'll talk to Dylan. I will convince him to let her go. She'll be out by tonight," I told Blake, putting my hand on his arm.

He placed his hand over mine, but gave me a dark, almost sinister smile. It was really strange to see him like that. I was used to the happy, upbeat Blake. Right now, he was looking far from that.

Comment and vote if you'd like:)