Chapter 5

"I think this guy wants to kidnap me," I told Jace, while half hiding behind his back.

The Alpha growled when he noticed my movements and glared at Jace.

"I was going to tell you yesterday, but now is a good time as well. Leila wants to join the pack," Jace told the Alpha.

"Actually, I'm leaving later this afternoon," I said, while staying behind Jace.

"The hell you are!" The Alpha yelled, before Jace could open his mouth.

"What? Why?" Jace asked me, holding my hands in his. The Alpha moved to stand between us and ripped my hands from Jace's hold.

"Mine!" He snapped at Jace.

Jace looked between the Alpha and me with a shocked expression.

"Dylan, she's- your mate?" Jace slowly asked him, keeping his gaze on me.

"Yes, and I will not allow you or any other male to touch her," he replied to Jace, in a commanding tone.

"Understood, Alpha," Jace said, nodding his head and looking at me with a defeated expression.

The Alpha, Dylan, grabbed my hand in his and started walking away.

I yanked my hand from his hold, catching him off guard, and stayed in place.

"I came here with Jace, and I am only leaving with him," I told Dylan, with my arms crossed and a defiant look on my face.

Jace was shaking his head with a disapproving expression. Dylan cocked an eyebrow, looking amused.

"Feisty. I like it. But you're still coming with me." Dylan tried to get a hold of my hand but I stepped back.

"No, I'm not. And whatever you're selling, I'm not interested." With that, I made my way around him and walked away.

I made it out of the mall and into the parking lot without getting stopped. I felt their presence behind me, but didn't dare look back.

The first step I took in the road's direction and a hand around my waist brought me to a halt.

"As entertaining as that was back there, I won't allow it anymore," Dylan said to me. His hold wasn't rough, but it easily kept me in place.

"I wasn't aiming to entertain. I was merely passing through here, and now that I see there's nothing of interest, I will be out of this place," I sourly replied.

"No, you won't. You are staying here, with me- where you belong." He started dragging me to his car but I was putting up a fight.