Chapter 25

Once Blake had gathered the men that would accompany him, we left outside. 

I thought we would run, but Blake said it was better if we drove there. He'd drop me off somewhere about an hour before we reached Dylan's land.

I was feeling more and more nervous by the minute, but I knew it was the right thing to do.

"Relax, everything will be fine," Blake said. 

He was sitting next to me. We were in one of three SUVs that were driving there. Blake had planned to only take about four men. 

After some convincing from me, he finally settled for ten. Blake and I had our own truck and one the guy's was driving us there.

"I'm not so sure of that. With Dylan, you just never know," I replied, feeling my palms getting sweaty.

"If he tries anything, you know you can just call me and I'll pick you up from there," Blake said, trying to comfort me.

I nodded but didn't add anything else.

"We're here," the guy driving stated.

"Thanks Jake," Blake said, before opening his door and getting out. He helped me out and grabbed my bag in his hand.

Some of the guys got out of the car as well. We had arrived to an abandoned warehouse.

"You know where we are, right?"

"I do," I replied, my voice coming out shaky, unconsciously.

"Leila, now I'm not so sure it's a good idea to let you go back," Blake said, looking worried.

It was dark out, about 10:30 at night. I only had about an hour's run before I reached Midnight Moon territory.

"I'm not really sure what I'm worried about," I stated.

"Is it Nicolas?"

"I think it might be. I just don't to go back with my pack. I know he's going to come after me, and he will find me," I said, nerves forming in the pit of my stomach.

"You know Dylan will protect you. And if anything happens, you can call me too. My pack will stand by Dylan's, if Nicolas tries to do anything to you," Blake said.

My eyes started getting glassy. I had been so lucky when I met Blake. Other than finding my mate, getting to know Blake had been the best thing to happen to me since I ran away from home.

"It'll be alright," Blake said in a soothing tone. 

He stretched his arms out to embrace me. I went into his arms, feeling the need to be comforted.

Blake wrapped his arms around me, resting his hands in the small of my back. I placed my hands on his chest, nestling my head in his neck.