Chapter 84

Jace, John, and Eric had stayed behind. Eric was usually around, and he claimed he hadn't eaten all morning. I was almost sure that was not true.

Jace seemed curious as to why I had offered another hour to the guys, and John probably stayed because he's third in command.

While Dylan began talking with John and Jace, Eric was keeping me company in the kitchen. He kept picking at the pieces of bacon I was frying in the pan. By the time I put them in the plate, half of the bacon strips were gone.

"If you keep doing that, I'm never going to finish," I scolded him.

He just grinned at me, shrugged, and popped another piece in his mouth.

When Eric and I walked into the dining room with the breakfast I'd just made- Dylan, Jace, and John went silent.

"Why did you delay the meeting?" Dylan asked. The other guys had already started serving their plates, except for Dylan.

I began piling his plate with food, taking my time. I was only buying myself some time- not that it would matter in the end. I would have to tell them at one point or another.

"I have a proposition to make," I said, looking around the three guys who were staring at me questionably.

Eric began chuckling. The moment Dylan and Jace directed their stare at him, Eric turned the chuckle into a cough.

I smiled at him, despite how nervous I felt.

At this point, I wasn't sure who would be more opposed to the idea of Blake coming- Dylan or John.

I'd seen Lilly around the pack these past few months- but we didn't talk much. I did start talking more to John. After what happened to Lilly, John seemed more comfortable around me. Now, he called me Leila instead of Luna.

Despite all that, we hadn't talked about what happened with Lilly and Christy since the day I visited them- when Lilly was still healing.

I was sure that if John said he didn't want Blake here, Dylan would agree with him.

"What proposition?" Jace asked.

"I talked to Blake," I said, without adding anything else.

Dylan didn't look surprised. Jace turned to look at Dylan, but he didn't say anything. John was the only one who remained staring at me.

The look he was giving me almost made me take back what I had said. Almost.

"He's going to help us, if you let him," I said, looking at Dylan.

"We don't need his help," Dylan replied. He didn't sound angry, so I took that as a good sign.

"The Alpha from Locus pack is coming later in the afternoon. He's offered his help, along with some of his men," Jace added.

"Oh, I didn't know that," I said, looking down at my untouched plate of food.

"Having Blake will give us the complete advantage then. It will take them by surprise."

Dylan continued looking at me. It felt like Jace wanted to say something to intervene in the staring match Dylan and I had going on.

John sighing loudly was what grabbed everyone's attention.

"If Alpha Blake wants to help, I think he should," John said.

By this point, we were all staring at him with wide eyes. I wasn't really expecting him to say that.

Now, it was all up to Dylan. We had all continued eating. Jace and Eric had attempted to make small talk. I added my opinion on things whenever it felt right.