Chapter 100

I was left completely shocked right after I opened the door to our room. Seeing how clean and organized everything was, reminded me that Dylan had wrecked the room right after the fight.

I was standing right next the door, looking at the neatly done bed, the new decorations, a not broken coffee table, and a new set of black leather couches. The couches sat in front of a bigger flat screen TV than the one we had before.

"I uh, had the room- house actually- cleaned out," Dylan said, sounding slightly uncomfortable.

I turned to face him, his dark eyes gone. Grayish blue orbs were staring at me, looking like he was waiting for me to say something.

"I love it, thank you!" I told him, as I closed the distance between us and jumped into his arms, wrapping my own around his neck.

"I figured it was probably good to get everything new. My mom said you'd, uh, like it," he said.

I giggled against his neck, enjoying his little pauses.

"Thank you," I said again, kissing the crook of his neck.

His fingers sunk into my waist, and he began walking me into the room.

"I haven't changed my mind about mating," I told him, but I didn't try moving away from him.

"I know. I'll just walk you to bed. I really do want you to rest. You only slept a few hours last night. It's not enough for me," he said.

I pulled back to look at his face. He was looking at me, appearing really concentrated with something.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded, and kissed my forehead.

"Liam's here," Dylan told me.

"When did you call him?" I asked, frowning at him.

He pressed his pointer finger to his head, and I knew he'd called him through his mind link.

"I like John," I said, which earned me a sharp growl from Dylan.

"What?" He snapped at me.

"Oops, I probably shouldn't have paused with that. I meant, I like John, but not as my guard. He's so- stiff," I admitted, with a frown of my own.

I guess for Dylan, John was the perfect guard. John never let me do anything, and he watched me like a hawk all the time.

"John isn't here to entertain you," Dylan replied, but he actually looked amused.

I took that as a good sign, but decided in threading carefully with my next words.

"Well, no. But I'll be fine with Liam. Aren't you going to plan for the rounds? You need John, he's your third in command," I said.

It was partially true, but mainly for my benefit.

"Should I be worried that you want to be alone with Liam?" Dylan asked.

He tried to ask the question lightly, but I felt a growl behind his words.

"I can stay out. I'll go for a run here in the grounds, or I'll hang out in the backyard. That way if you take a break from your planning, you can come see me," I told him.

"I want you to rest," he said sternly.

"I'll rest outside in the grass. I don't want to be locked up in here. Being alone, trying to sleep will only bring back..." I didn't get to finish that sentence.

Memories of the last few days were something I really wanted to forget.

"Bring back what?" Dylan asked me softly, putting his hand under my chin to make me look up at him.