Chapter 97

I'd been sleeping since yesterday, and a lot had happened since then.

Alpha Caine had gone back home. He was no longer needed, and he wanted to give Dylan some time alone. Blake and Christy were still here.

Dylan told me Christy and Blake had been coming to check on me every few hours. He allowed her to see me. Liam had explained to Dylan that Christy was the one who finished off my dad.

I cringed at that part- but I knew it was something that needed to be done. My dad was a bad person. I knew that now.

Jake had already taken over Staten pack. From what Dylan told me, the pack was happy with the new Alpha. It hadn't been a secret that the shifters from Staten pack weren't happy with Alpha Jackson's ruling.

Our territory had been swiped yesterday. Since Dylan had been out of control, Benjamin had taken over the pack temporarily. They burned the dead bodies, and made sure no one else was hiding.

Right after Benjamin did a sweep of the land, the people were allowed to come up from the underground shelter they had been hiding in.

Dylan told me thirteen of our Wolves had died during the fight. Four of them were from Caine's pack, three from Blake's, and six from Midnight Moon. We had the most losses since we were the ones who had the most Wolves involved.

Dylan said there weren't many casualties because Alpha Nicolas hadn't brought a lot of fighters. Since Alpha Jackson's pack and the Rogues had attacked Blake- it lowered their numbers.

He assured me it had been a really easy win.

It only served to make me feel guiltier.

By the time he was done filling me in, I could see the regret he felt for telling me.

"I want to see Eric," I told him.

"If you're feeling well, I can take you later," Dylan told me.

"Is Blake mad at me?"

Dylan frowned and shook his head as a reply.

"Why would he be mad at you?"

"Because I put Christy in danger," I replied, nervously playing with my hands.

Dylan put his hand under my chin, making me face him.

"To me, Christina is just a Rogue. But, that isn't something I'll go into right now. She's the mate of an Alpha, the Luna of their pack. I doubt you tried persuading her to accompany you."

"I didn't. She wanted to come, but I let her," I explained.

"Then it was her decision. Part of me is thankful for that. I owe her and Blake," Dylan said. He seemed bothered by that, but he quickly dismissed it when he turned to face me.

"What about the pack?"

"What about them?" Dylan asked.

"Are they mad? Do they blame me?" Even as I asked that, I knew that they should blame me. If I hadn't run away from my pack in the first place- I wouldn't have brought them my problems.

Now that I knew how many people had gotten hurt- Eric being one of them- I wish I had stayed and married Alpha Nicolas. Even though the thought hurt, at least I wouldn't have brought all this pain to Dylan's pack.

"They're not mad. We're Werewolves. Attacks like this happen all the time. Though, they are scared of my Wolf and me, which can't be all that bad," Dylan said.

"It's because of the Wolves you killed, isn't it?"

"Yes. I took all twelve Wolves in just minutes. Caine told me I broke his record. Not that I was interested in breaking his record under those circumstances."