Epilogue

"What are you thinking about?" Dylan asked, as he clasped his hand around mine.

Hmm... That seemed like a good sign.

"Why are we out here?" I asked, looking around at the tall trees surrounding us.

Dylan continued walking, practically ignoring my question.

"We'll take longer to get there since we're walking." He replied by changing the subject.

The rest of the walk to the lake was quiet. I didn't feel like making conversation and Dylan was deep in thought.

Once we arrived at the lake, I'd basically come to terms with the idea of Dylan leaving me. It hurt like hell to think about it, but if that was what he wanted- I would accept it.

After all I had put him and the pack through, I deserved to be banished.

"The water looks nice," I said, dropping Dylan's hand and making my way closer to the water.

The sun was high up in the sky, hitting the lake at a perfect angle to make it glitter whenever small currents moved the water.

"It does," Dylan agreed.

He came to my side and put his arm over my shoulders.

I really couldn't understand his mixed signals.

"I uh, wanted to do- well say, something," Dylan told me.

He ran his other hand through his hair, messing it up so that it was sticking up in all directions.

"Yeah?" I said, wishing there was a way I could stop what he was about to say.

"It's," Dylan started to say.

He paused, looking like he was trying to find the right words. Was he trying to soften the blow?

"You're happy, right?" Dylan asked.

That question took me off guard.

"Happier than I've even been," I admitted.

I hated what and who I'd lost during the battle- but everything else had been perfect. Dylan had made it perfect.

Dylan cupped my cheek and pressed his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes, enjoying as his warm breath brushed across my face.

"I'm not good at this," Dylan groaned.

"You don't have to do this," I whispered at him, as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

I was panicking, and having an internal battle with myself. My Wolf wasn't even worried. She was mainly curious about Dylan's behavior.

"I do," Dylan sighed loudly.

He cleared his throat and pulled his forehead away from mine.

Dylan didn't make any attempt to move away from the hold I had around his neck, so I tightened my hands around him.

"Leila, I think," Dylan said, breathing in deeply.

He closed his eyes. I was surprised when a smile took over his lips. It made me want to smile, even though I had no idea why he was looking like that.

When he opened his eyes again, there was a certain determination that hadn't been there before he closed them.

"Will you marry me?" He asked.

I took a step back from him, completely shocked by his words. I felt my eyes widen, as I looked at his very serious face which was waiting for my answer.

My reaction- I burst into a fit of giggles.

I wasn't sure if it was because Dylan had proposed and he was looking slightly uncomfortable, or because I'd been stupid enough to think that he would leave me.