Chapter 42

"Blake? What are you doing here?" I asked him, a smile forming on my face.

"Just wanted to drop by, and, I also have some news for you two," he replied, crossing the threshold of the door.

Dylan was still shirtless, and it was a funny scene to watch. When Blake finally noticed it, he raised an eyebrow and turned to look at me with a questioning expression.

His assumptions about Dylan and me were probably right, but that didn't stop the blush from forming on my face.

"So what have you two been up too?" Blake asked, with a mischievous smile.

If I didn't know for a fact that he was older than me, I would've thought otherwise. He was acting like an excited little kid who knew his parents dirty little secret.

My face must've been burning by then, and Blake knew he was the cause of it.

"So what's the news that you have?" Dylan asked, ignoring Blake's previous question.

"Do you want me to take off already?" Michael, Blake's Beta, asked.

"Yes, and you can go ahead and take the men with you," Blake ordered.

Michael didn't look happy with Blake's request, and he didn't make any attempt to hide it.

"I think it's better if they stay here with you. You know, just in case. I only need one man to go back with me," Michael said, almost in a pleading tone.

"Just in case of what exactly?" Dylan asked, looking toward Michael's direction.

Somehow, the way he stood, and with his exposed chest- Dylan looked more intimidating than Blake, Michael, and Russell combined.

"Michael, I'll be fine. Just leave me with Russell and four of the men. I'll call you to keep you updated and you can tell me what's happening back home," Blake said to Michael, trying to reassure him.

Dylan had his eyes narrowed toward Michael, probably not appreciating his distrust.

It wasn't like I could blame Michael. He was leaving his Alpha at another pack's territory. Anything could happen.

But Blake was my friend, and I would make sure he was okay. There was really nothing for Michael to worry about.

After some more convincing from Blake, Michael finally took off, leaving Russell and the three other men to watch over Blake.

"Did you really come here because you have news?" I asked Blake, a smile playing on my lips.

Dylan had gone upstairs to change and Russell had gone with the other men to check out the guest house they would be staying in.

Jace was the one showing them around.

"Of course. Well, that, and I wanted to see you," Blake replied.

He was sitting in the couch across from mine, but moved to sit next to me right after making that comment.

"I missed you," he said, caressing the side of my face. I blushed when he said that, and him touching me made it worse.

On the inside, my Wolf was complaining. She didn't like the idea that Blake was touching us because he wasn't Dylan. Fighting against her, I forced myself to speak.

"I missed you too," I said, letting out a breathless chuckle. He must've felt how nervous I was. If he didn't see it in my face, he could've heard it with how loud my heart was beating.

I heard Dylan walking down the stairs, and Blake probably heard him too because he was completely moved away from the couch I sat in.

When Dylan walked into the living room, he stared between Blake and me.

I was putting up the wall in my mind, hoping to keep him out of there.

I hadn't been doing anything with Blake, but I felt guilty for letting him touch me. It was an innocent caress, from a friend to another, my Wolf told me otherwise.

"So, what's the news that you have?" Dylan asked, walking over to where I sat.

Blake was sitting on the couch across from us. Instead of sitting next to me, Dylan sat on the shoulder of the couch, making him seem taller than Blake.

I had a feeling he did that to show Blake he wasn't intimidated by him, and oh did it work.

"Yes, I do," Blake stated.

"What is it?" Dylan asked, crossing his arms.

"I received a call yesterday. You can guess who it was from."

"Nicolas?" Dylan questioned.

Blake nodded his head, and got up from the couch. For some reason, the pacing he started doing around the room was making me more anxious.

"That guy just doesn't give up. What does he want this time?" Dylan asked, his voice showing just how annoyed he was.

"After he called here-" Blake started to say, when Dylan interrupted him.

"He didn't call here," Dylan told Blake, a frown already forming on his face.

My eyes went wide, feeling caught in the call I'd kept from Dylan.

"Well, he must've called. He told me he did and it was after that, when he was able to see that it wouldn't be so hard to take Leila from you," Blake replied, shrugging his shoulders casually.

Dylan turned to face me- staring at me in a way that was making me nervous.

"Did he call?"

I knew he was asking me. The way his stare was penetrating me, I almost felt he could see the answer to his question just by staring at my face.

I didn't move, just allowed him to intimidate me.

"Dylan, calm down," Blake said. I was able to break away from Dylan's stare, to see Blake frowning at Dylan.

"I don't need you to tell me what to do," Dylan snapped.

"I honestly don't care what you do, as long as it doesn't affect Leila," Blake replied.

"Why are you so interested in her? She's my mate, not yours," Dylan told Blake. He stood up and took a step closer to Blake.

"Dylan, stop," I told him, getting up and placing my hand on his chest.

It wasn't like he was attacking Blake, but I felt like he was one step away from doing so.

I also feared the answer Blake would give Dylan. Blake somewhat flirted with me, but it was all it was. Innocent flirting. He would soon find his mate, so he shouldn't get into problems- especially over me.

Comment and vote if you'd like!