Chapter 91

"Where's Blake?" I asked Russell.

"Something happened in our territory. He's filling Dylan and Caine in on everything that went down. Once he's done- if Nicolas hasn't attacked yet- he'll come over," Russell said.

He gave Christy a hard look before leaving the underground area.

That left us alone with Christy, who was still sobbing. Eric was standing in the hall between my cell and Christy's. Liam was standing on the side closest to my cell, and he was also looking at Christy disapprovingly.

"Why do I get the feeling that you did something bad?" Liam sneered at her.

I turned to face him, surprised by his harsh tone.

Christy looked up at him, before turning back to her hands that were messing with the hem of her shirt.

"What did you do?" Liam asked her.

"Liam, calm down. Don't you see that she's upset about something," I told him.

"Leila, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me," Christy said, as she got up and was holding onto the bars.

"Christy, it's okay. I'm not mad, not that I even have a reason to be," I told her.

"Don't talk to her," Eric told me, sounding bothered.

"You haven't told me what happened. Why was Russell treating Christy like that? When Blake founds out about it- and he will because I'm going to tell him- he's going to be angry," I told Eric.

"Leila, Christy- she was the one," Eric said, before stopping himself.

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

"What did you f*cking do this time?" Liam asked, glaring at Christy.

She was getting attacked from everywhere. It was getting to me and it was pissing off my Wolf.

Eric was about to continue his explanation, when Dylan burst through the door looking furious. Blake followed behind him, looking just as mad as Dylan.

"Leila," Dylan said, once his eyes landed on me.

He literally broke the bars apart with the help of his claws, and walked into the cell with me.

"Hey," I replied, feeling concerned to find him here.

Men from our pack and Blake's- started to fill the small hall between the cells. It looked crowded now that it was filled with men.

Dylan didn't say anything. He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and pressed me to his chest.

My feet were dangling in the air as he carried all of my weight in his arms.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" I asked him, while I ran one of my hands through his hair- trying to find a way to calm him down.

Dylan simply nestled his head into my neck, nuzzling his nose against my skin. He was controlling his breathing, inhaling plenty of my scent in the process.

I gave Blake a questioning look, wondering if he knew what the heck was going on. Blake- he surprised me by lowering his gaze, looking ashamed for some reason.

"Mate," Dylan repeatedly whispered in my ear.

"Dylan, I'm fine. I'm worried about you though," I said to him.

Most eyes were either on Dylan and me, or on Christy. There was a mixture of emotions between everyone, which was only serving to confuse me.

Suddenly, Dylan swiftly placed me in the ground, before turning away.

"You're leaving?" I asked, even though it was obvious that he was.

Dylan turned back to me, gave me a small smile, and continued on his way.

Once he was out of my cell, he crossed over to Christy's.

"You f*cking traitor!" Dylan growled at Christy. He threw himself toward her cell, only to be stopped by Blake.

"Get out of the way," Dylan said to Blake through clenched teeth.

Christy's sobbing, which had slightly let down, was now back full force.

"She's my mate. I can't let you hurt her. I only told you out of courtesy and for Leila's safety. Now that Jackson is dead and Jake took the Alpha title, we only have Nicolas and a few Rogues to worry about. Christy isn't going to cause any more problems," Blake explained.

"I want her life in exchange for what she did," Dylan stated.

"What?" I asked.

Since Dylan had left a wide open space in the cell, I was able to get out through it. I walked toward him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

He turned to face me, his dark eyes softening just a bit when he looked at me, before turning back to her.

"Why don't you tell Leila what that Rogue did?" Dylan told Blake in a taunting voice.

Blake turned to me- that tortured expression returning to his face.

"Don't tell her," Christy pleaded, while she tried reaching out for Blake.

When she did, Blake moved away from her and took a step closer to Dylan and me.

"Tell me what?" I asked, looking between Dylan, Blake, and Christy- who was looking worse by the second.

"Blake's mate was keeping tabs on us and was giving Nicolas information- which helped on the attack he planned for today," Dylan said, his last words coming out in a growl.

"I'm really sorry," Christy said, this time only looking at me.

Now, it all made sense why she kept apologizing.

"I didn't mean to, and I should've stopped. But I didn't and- and, I'm really sorry," she said, as she slumped her body to the ground.

I noticed Blake cringed. I knew he must've been feeling Christy's pain.

My Wolf was now fighting me for control. She wanted to follow Dylan along and rip Christy's throat out.

Most of all, I was disappointed. A streak of tears was now falling from my eyes, which made Blake walk closer to me.

When Dylan turned to face me and noticed I was crying, he pulled me to his chest. One of his hands rested on my lower back, while the other softly held the back of my neck. He was massaging the area softly.

I wasn't sure if it was to comfort me or to calm down his Wolf. He could've been doing both.

"Why would you do that?" I asked Christy.

She lowered her gaze to the ground. Her sobs had slowed down, and now she was quietly crying.

"We will discuss that later. Right now, we have to take care of Nicolas. He's still coming and he's coming strong. Jake told me to tell you that he's backing off. He offers his surrender- in his name and in the name of Staten pack," Blake told me.

The first person that came to my mind at hearing those words was my dad. He was supposed to be with Jackson.

"What about Jackson's Beta? What about my dad?" I asked him.

He shook his head, before turning to face Dylan.

"When I started fighting Jackson, his Beta wasn't with him. As soon as Jackson was killed, Jake proclaimed himself Alpha and the rest of the Wolves from Staten pack backed off. Your dad wasn't there," Blake finished, while keeping his steady gaze on me.

Everyone seemed to be waiting for me to say something. I looked at Christy one last time, and couldn't stop the whimper that escaped my body.

Christy had been the closest thing I had to a girl-friend. All those months that Blake had stayed away, she'd talked to me. I'd had long conversations on the phone with her, and we had become friends.

Now, I knew it was all a sham.

Comment and vote if you'd like:)