Chapter 89

It took me a moment to register the words that she had said. I continued to stare at her, trying to make sense of what she was saying. I wasn't sure if I'd heard wrong.

Michael's look of disgust toward my mate didn't go unnoticed.

"We didn't think there would be anyone surrounding the area. Then those other females popped up and we attacked. Things got out of hand before we even got the chance to try anything. That Alpha paid us a lot of money to get the girl. He was going to give us more when we took her to him," she began sobbing, as she slumped herself on the floor.

I didn't do anything. I couldn't. I was ashamed of myself, and my Wolf was ashamed of our mate.

I thought he would be angrier. He was disappointed, and so was I.

"Then you showed up, and we were mates. You protected me against them. You didn't let them kill me, even though the Alpha was set on killing me," she continued.

The more she said, the worse I felt.

When she tried to reach out to me, I backed away.

"What did Nicolas say when you backed out of it?" I asked. I could hear myself speaking, but there was no emotion in my words.

Christina looked down, and another sob racked her body.

"I talked to him a few days after. He promised if I kept him updated on Midnight Moon pack, he would forgive me. Since you and Leila talked so much, I told him whatever information seemed useful."

"You have kept talking to him!" I yelled- grabbing her shoulders to make her stand up. Her sobs didn't let up as I stared down at her. I couldn't help myself. I was beyond furious.

"I had too. The Alpha was happy with the information. But, yesterday when he called you- he expected me to convince you to fight with him. He didn't know you were going to help Midnight Moon. He thought I was playing him, and he got so angry. He told me he was going to kill you for what I did. You can't go, please," she said.

By the end of her words, I didn't know what to say. I pushed her away from me, and she fell to the ground.

"Blake, I didn't mean to do it. I swear. I didn't know what to do, and he kept pressuring me. I'm really sorry."

"Don't you think it's a little too late to be saying sorry?" I growled at her. My Wolf was surfacing, and he wanted blood.

"I love you so much," she said, trying to get to me.

"Get her away from me and lock her up downstairs," I ordered Michael, who seemed more than happy to comply.

Michael called up two of the men that were meant to stay in the pack, to come watch over Christina.

I sat behind my desk, in my chair. Russell was looking at me with pity. It was a look that no Alpha should receive, but I knew Russell was my friend. He was feeling my pain at the moment.

I felt like I couldn't go and help Leila. I was embarrassed to go. My mate had been helping the man that had been tormenting her for so long.

"The best way to help her is by going," Michael said, as he took a seat across from me.

I shook my head, and looked up at him.

"How can I show my face over there after what Christina did? I practically helped her hand Leila over to Nicolas."

"Leila will understand. She cares a lot about you," Michael said.

In the past few months, he had been more than happy with my friendship with Leila.

"Alpha!" I heard a boy yelling as he walked into the room.

"Respect!" Michael snapped, as he glared at the boy.

"Forgive me, Alpha," Ted, the sixteen year old boy, said.

"What is it?" I asked him, not feeling in the mood to deal with any more problems.

"I was doing rounds with Alan and Saul. We tried calling you and the Beta, but both of you were blocking us out. Our borders have just been breached by Wolves," he said, his voice sounding out of breath.

Without allowing him to finish, both Michael and Russell began moving around.

Russell came to my side, while Michael began shouting orders.

I made my way out of the office and toward the front of the house.

The Wolves that I had organized for the trip to Midnight Moon territory were no longer in the front area.

"They were Rogues Alpha. About fifty of them," Ted said.

I jumped in the air, and shifted into my Wolf in the process.

'Where are they?' I asked Michael through our mind link.

'They are on the border up North. The pack is already going to the hide out,' he replied.

I began shouting orders and sending different groups to different areas of the territory. I sent three groups around to make sure no one else crossed. The rest were up with Michael fighting the Rogues.

I made my way toward him soon after. My Wolf had been craving blood, and he was finally going to have his way.

The Rogues were proving to be an easy match. By the time I got there, my men had already stopped more than half of them.

I made my way to a group that had ganged up on Michael. My claws slashed out the throat of one, while I bit into the neck of another.

I continued like that, killing as swiftly as possible, while letting my Wolf enjoy the smell of blood from our victories.

We cleaned up with all of the Rogues in less than thirty minutes. I thought they would prove more dangerous, but the injuries to my pack members were minimal.

It wasn't until a large brown Wolf began making his way out of the trees, that my Wolf felt the need to show he was superior.

I shifted back, feeling the Alpha power emanating from the Werewolf in front of me.

"Shift!" I ordered.

He did as I asked, and I found myself standing in front of Jackson.

"You killed all of the Rogues," he commented, looking around at the dead naked bodies lying on the ground.

"Is that the best you have?" I challenged him.

He snarled at me in his human form, before Wolves began pouring from behind him.

"No, those were just the beginning," Jackson said, as he threw himself at me, shifting mid-jump in the air.

Comment and vote if you'd like. I hope you guys also voted on the last chapter:) The Alternate Reality of this story is already up in my profile page, in the "My Works" section. If you are interested- go and check it out. You can see more of Nicolas' character, and Leila behaves differently- more submissive. Thank you guys so much!

(Jackson is the Alpha of Staten Pack. That was Leila's former pack. Jackson is also Jake's dad)