Chapter 27

I woke up the next day and instead of being in the floor, I was in my bed. 

I yawned once, and looked around to see that I was in Dylan's room. I smiled, knowing that it had been him who carried me to bed. He wasn't in the room though.

I took a shower, needing to relax my muscles from how tense I felt. I had to talk to Dylan. I needed to explain why I ran away and how it wasn't Blake's fault. 

Most importantly, he needed to know what had happened with my pack and Alpha Nicolas.

I brushed my hair, doing a side braid and trying to make it look nice. I applied some light make up and chose some jean shorts with a lilac colored thin blouse.

When I finished getting ready, I walked downstairs. I had already sensed around and noticed that Dylan wasn't in the house. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Eric and John in there.

"Hey," I said, waving at the two.

Both of them smiled at me, and greeted me.

"Do you guys know where Dylan is?" I asked them, as I looked inside the fridge.

"I'm not sure, but I think he went to his parent's house. Him and Jace were setting up new routes and times for the usual runs," Eric answered. I frowned at him.

"Why are they making new runs? Did something happen with the pack?" I asked worriedly.

I didn't find a reason why they would need the extra safety and to change how they were doing things before. 

I hardly left Dylan's house before I ran away, but I knew his pack was extremely protected.

"Uh... He," Eric started to say, but stayed quiet.

He looked at John, who also looked at loss for words.

"I think he's doing it so that you can't run away," John finished saying. 

I stared at him after he said that, but then looked away. I felt embarrassed that Dylan was doing that, but I had brought it upon myself.

If this had been my former pack, I would've had it way worse. A beating for sure would have been one of my punishments.

I left the kitchen without getting anything to eat. I walked toward Dylan's study, wanting to call him and see if he could come home.

I dialed his number plenty of times, but he never answered. I wasn't sure if I was typing the number right, so I went to find John.

"Hey, can you call Dylan on your phone? I'm trying on the house phone, but I think I'm putting the wrong number," I told John after finding him and Eric still in the kitchen.

"Sure thing," John said, taking out his phone and calling Dylan.

Dylan answered right after the first ring, and his voice sounded agitated.

'Is something wrong?' I faintly heard Dylan's voice through the phone.

"No, the Luna wants to speak with you," John said into the phone.

I didn't hear what Dylan was saying because he lowered his voice. It had been hard to hear him before, and this time, his words just sounded jumbled up.

"All right," John said, and he hung up the phone. He had an apologetic look on his face as he looked at me.

"Uh, he said he's busy. If you need anything, I can get it for you or you can ask Eric," John told me.

I stayed quiet, only nodding my head and taking a seat in a stool next to the kitchen island.

Eric and John had been talking before I got there, and I felt like I was making them feel awkward with my presence.

"You guys don't have to stop talking," I told them.

"The Alpha's mad because you ran away," Eric said to me.

"Shut up," John told Eric, slapping his chest.

"I know," I replied, turning my head up to look at them.

"I think he was hoping that Alpha Blake had taken you. That way, it wouldn't have been you who wanted to be away from him," Eric explained.

I looked at him curiously. I didn't exactly think that's what was running through Dylan's head. Even if we were connected through the mind link, I had blocked him before I left. 

And since I got here, he had kept me out of his head. Even his emotions were a blur to me at the moment.

"Do you guys know when he's going to be back?" I asked them.

"Not really, but if they're planning a whole new schedule- it might take a while," John replied.

"Did Dylan tell you where he was when you called him?" I asked John.

John looked hesitant to reply, looking at Eric for help.

"He did," John said, after a while.

"Where is he at?" I asked him.

"He's at a clearing about five miles north, but you can't leave," John replied.

"Why not?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"We're supposed to be watching you. The Alpha's orders were to not let you leave the house," Eric answered.

"What if I need to go somewhere?"

"We can't let you out," John stated.

I didn't say anything back. I got up and once again started rummaging through the fridge. I started getting out eggs, bacon, and some frozen waffles that were in there.

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked, without turning to face them.

They didn't respond and when I looked at them, they were both wearing confused expressions.

"If I'm not going to get to see Dylan, might as well eat," I told them, shrugging. 

John still looked at me strangely, but Eric quickly agreed to breakfast.

Show the vote button some love, and leave a comment if you will. Thank you loads for reading! Cheers!