Chapter 59

The living room was really quiet when we went back. Jace gave me a soft smile and nodded once at me, before directing his gaze back to the Rogues.

"If you want to speak with Liam and make sure he's fine, you can do that. But I'm not letting him go. Since he's staying, you don't really have to give us any information." I thought it was a good deal. 

I was confident in us. Maybe Dylan was right. We didn't need any extra information. I found comfort in knowing that Blake was also on our side.

Peter, Adam, Chris, and Robert looked at each other a few moments before saying anything.

"I'll go see him. Adam will tell you what we heard," Robert spoke for the first time.

Jace nodded toward three of the guys from the pack who were standing behind the Rogues. They started walking behind Robert, as he stepped out of the living room.

"You don't have to say anything. I'm letting you go free either way," Dylan informed the guys.

"It's alright. I think you should really know what we have to tell you," Adam said, with a look that made me fear what he was about to say.

"What is it?" I asked, my voice probably showing the nerves coursing through my veins.

Adam and Peter looked at each other once, before turning to face me.

"Nicolas, the Alpha from Raven Pack really wants you to go with him," he said.

"We already know that," Jace said, raising his eyebrows- not looking impressed.

Peter nodded, but his serious expression didn't let up, so I knew there was more.

"We heard that he's trying to get other Alphas on his side to come and attack you," he added

"We know of that as well," Dylan stated.

"Do you know that after everyone turned him down, he started looking in other places?" Adam told us, raising his eyebrow.

"Where?" I asked, already expecting the worse.

"With us, and a few other Rogues," Peter replied.

I almost thought Dylan was going to go Wolf in the middle of the living room. He and Jace both looked at each other. I knew they were having a silent conversation and I didn't want to intrude. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to know what they were saying to each other.

"Has anyone accepted?" Dylan asked them.

"So far, no one has. Most think that it's just a trick to capture us. But soon enough they will find someone who will do it for a price. He offered us four ten thousand each just to come and cause a commotion so that he could attack after we distracted your pack," Adam explained.

"This guy means business. The day we talked to him, I thought he was going to burst a vein when we turned down his offer," Peter told us.

"Why did you turn him down?" I curiously asked.

Adam looked at me a few moments, before replying.

"We don't want to do business with any pack. The reasons we're Rogues is to have our own rules. Nicolas wasn't exactly asking. It was more like he was ordering. That just doesn't sit well with us," Peter answered.

I was at least thankful they weren't on Alpha Nicolas' side. But now I knew he really was going through all the means he could to get me back. I just- I didn't get it.

"Do you know if anyone has taken him up on his offer?" It was Jace who asked this time.

All three of them shook their heads.