Chapter 23

"Let's go inside. It's starting to get fresh out," Blake said, unlocking his door and letting us in.

He walked to his study, with Michael by his side. I didn't know what else to do, so I followed along after them.

"I need to tell you some things, it's about the pack," Michael said, giving Blake a look and then nodding at me.

I smiled, catching his drift of wanting me out of the room.

"It's okay, I'm leaving to my room," I told the pair. 

Blake chuckled at Michael, giving me an amused look.

"I don't think so Leila. You're still under my watch," he said, looking at me.

"You can speak in front of her. It's okay," Blake told Michael. 

Even though Michael looked unsure, he didn't question Blake.

"It's actually about her I want to talk about. Yesterday, Russell was here and he said the girl threatened to get him kicked out of the pack. He told Linda and from there, it spread throughout the pack. Everyone now wants to know if it's true that she's your mate," Michael said, not wasting a breath between his words.

"You threatened Russell?" Blake simply asked me, disregarding all the rest that Michael had just said.

"Not exactly. He threatened to restrain me because he was being nosy and I didn't want to answer his questions," I replied, shrugging.

Blake let out a laugh, while Michael raised an eyebrow.

"See, you will make a great Luna one day," Blake stated, looking at me with an expression I didn't understand.

"Wait, so she IS our Luna?" Michael asked Blake.

"Unfortunately, she already has claim by another Alpha. But, I will be talking with the pack to clear things up. And tell Russell we will be talking about this later on," Blake told Michael.

Michael nodded, and looked between Blake and me, before saying his goodbyes and stepping out of the office.

"You sure know how to make an appearance in my pack," Blake told me once Michael was out of the house.

"I didn't really do that on purpose. And that guy, Russell, he sure is something," I told Blake, remembering my conversation with Russell.

"He's my third in command. I would hope he was something," Blake replied, a grin playing on his face.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't stop the chuckle that escaped my lips.

Even though Blake said today was his free day, he ended up spending most of it in his office. 

I sat there, picking books from his library and putting them down when I got bored. Most of the books were of things I had no interest in whatsoever.

"I'm ready," I told Blake. 

He had been looking at a folder full with spreadsheets. 

They had something to do with a few investments he had, which was what brought him part of his income.

"You're ready for what?" Blake asked, not looking up at me.

"I need to call Dylan and tell him where I'm at," I said, my voice sounding just above a whisper.

"I thought we talked about that. Aren't you going to give him a few days? You can stay here, I really don't mind," he said, reaching over to grab my hand in his.

"I know, but I still need to do this. I know Dylan, and I know how he is. The more I wait, the worse it will be. I'm also worried about his pack. I don't want them paying for something that I did."

Blake sighed deeply, and rested his back on his chair. I didn't understand the look on his face, but he didn't seem happy.

"I would love for you to stay here. But, you know your mate better than I do. So, if you want to make the call, go ahead."

Blake moved the phone closer to where I was at.

 I felt Dylan. He was a phone call away. I started feeling the nerves begin to rattle in my stomach. My palms were sweaty and I could hear my heart beating faster than usual.

I slowly picked up the phone and dialed Dylan's house number.

It rang once, twice, three times. After the seventh ring, I hung up the phone.

"Try again, maybe he didn't get to it on time," Blake said, picking up the phone and handing it to me.

I did as he said and dialed his number again. The words I would tell Dylan were running through my mind, and they were making me feel even worse.

Again, the phone rang and no one answered it.

"Do you have anyone else you can call?" Blake asked, taking the phone from me and hanging it up.

"I know Jace's number. He's the Beta of the pack," I told Blake.

"Do you want to call?"

"Yes," I replied before picking up the phone, and dialing Jace's number.

After the second ring, I heard Jace's voice on the other side of the line.

"Hello?" He asked. It took me a moment to be able to reply back.

"It's me," I said, knowing full well Jace would know who it was.

"Leila?" Jace's voice sounded surprised.

Show the vote button some love, and leave a comment if you will. Thank you loads for reading! Cheers!