Chapter 67

With Blake, everything looked more relaxed. Russell was sitting right next to him on the couch. The other two guys grabbed a seat on either side of Blake and Russell.

It was so- proper. I guess I shouldn't have been expecting anything else from their meeting. But looking around the room, I could easily see that there was going to be important business taking place there.

Blake looked at me, while I stood, half sitting on Dylan's desk. He gave me one of his teasing smiles. Dylan seemed distracted with a paper that Jace was showing him. I was assuming they were getting ready to propose an idea, or something.

I was trying to read the small lettering on the papers that John was scattering on the coffee table.

"Leila," Dylan said, standing next to me.

"Huh?"

I was completely caught off guard by Dylan. I had been distracted trying to read the papers- I hadn't noticed when Dylan came to stand next to me.

"Can I talk to you outside for a minute?" He asked, with a serious expression.

I raised an eyebrow at him, but still nodded my head.

While I was walking toward the door, Blake was giving me a mocking look. I could just see him making fun of me. Of course, he probably already knew that Dylan was about to kick me out of the room.

When Dylan and I stepped out of the room, Eric was leaning against the wall across from us.

"Eric is taking you for a run. You haven't shifted in a while, so I thought it might be good to let your Wolf out," Dylan said.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Well, only if you want to," he said, leaving me to make the decision.

I knew if I said I wanted to stay at the meeting, he would find some other way to boot me out.

"You're right. I haven't shifted in days. My Wolf is getting anxious," I agreed with Dylan, going along with him.

"We'll probably be here a few hours, so you can take your time out there," Dylan said, looking more at Eric than at me.

"Okay, well, I guess I'll see you later," I told him, walking away.

He pulled me back, and pressed his lips against mine. Eric was standing right in front of us, so I pulled away from Dylan after a few seconds.

"I love you," he said, caressing my cheek, before letting me go.

"What did he tell you?" I asked Eric.

"To come and get rid of you because you were being a bother," Eric said, smirking at me.

"Ha ha ha, very funny," I said, slapping his chest.

Eric started laughing at me.

"That was the point. While I was in the kitchen, Jace sent me a mind link. He said the Alpha wanted you out of the meeting."

We were on our way outside. Eric was heading towards the woods, while I made my way to his car.

"Hey, where are you going?" Eric asked, following after me.

"I'm walking to your car," I replied.

"I can see that, but why?"

"Didn't you hear the Alpha? He wants us to go for a run."

I was giving directions to Eric. Even though I hadn't told him yet where we were going, he seemed to know the place very well.

"I didn't know you'd been here before," Eric said, nodding toward the wide space ahead of us.

"This was the first place I visited when I came here. Well, one of them anyways. Jace brought me here. It's beautiful," I told him.

"Jace? Why would Jace bring you here?" Eric asked, sounding curious. 

We were in the open space between Dylan's pack and Blake's pack. I used to think that there were only a few miles between the two, or so Jace had let me to believe. In all honesty, there were miles and miles between both packs.

This open space just happened to cover about half of the way between both territories.

"The first time I got here, Jace was the one to give me an introduction," I said, turning to face him. He looked surprised by my words.

"I didn't know that. I thought you met the Alpha first, you know, after he went out to look for Jace that day," Eric explained.

We were making our way toward the lake. It was as hot as I'd assumed earlier in the day. The sun wasn't passing through most of the tall trees we were walking through, but I could still feel the warm air.

"What day?" I asked him. I picked up a stick, and started poking the ground as we walked. It was pointless, but somehow fun.

"Well, I was with John the day the Alpha found you. John heard a Rogue had trespassed. The Alpha went to look for Jace at the mall where he was at. He found you there, right?" Eric asked me.

"Yes, I was with Jace," I replied.

Eric stopped in his tracks, and looked at me with a strange expression.

"Wait, you were with Jace that day? The day the Alpha found you? What were you doing with Jace?"

"I met Jace first. Dylan wasn't even in the picture then. Actually, Jace wasn't in the picture either. He's the one that was chasing after me," I explained.

"Whoa, now that's something I wasn't expecting," Eric said, sounding shocked.

I chuckled at him, and continued on my way.

We'd been walking for almost ten minutes, but I could already hear the water from the lake. It was still far off, but not by a long shot.

I was lying down next to the lake, with my feet dipped in shallow parts of the water.

Eric was sitting down next to me, looking through his phone.

It was nice to enjoy the sun, and the calm of the open space. The water was creating a lulling sound, as it moved with the wind. Even that was helping me relax.

After almost an hour of lying around next to the lake, I finally decided to go for a run.

I got up from the ground, but Eric didn't move from his place. He continued messing around with his phone, completely ignoring me as I looked down at him.

I crossed my arms, and kept staring at him, waiting for him to notice me.

"Help, Rogues!" I said, in an overly dramatic voice.

Eric looked up, and scowled at me.

"Finally you snap out of it. Let's go run," I told him, motioning with my hands to the trees behind us.

"No way, I'm tired," Eric said, and continued scrolling through his phone.

"Eric!" I whined.

"You know, you spend an awful lot of time with me. I never go out to run in my Wolf form, so you probably don't either," I told him.

"Actually, I go out to run every night, after I leave you," he said, and finally got up from the ground. He casually stretched, raising his arms high in the air.

"What? No way," I said, surprised.

"I do. And not that I'm bragging or anything, but I am faster than John," Eric said, like if that made any sense to me.

"Is that important?" I asked.

"Well, in our pack, when you're around a group of guys- yes, it's important. John is one of the fastest runners in the pack. He's a tracker, so that helps his speed. And, I happen to be faster than him," Eric said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, then, let's put that to a test. Besides, I haven't shifted in a while and now I want to go run," I told him.

I assumed that's what finally convinced him, because he started leading the way toward the woods.

Comment and vote if you'd like! Thanks for everyone who is reading!