Chapter 21

"What do you mean?" Blake asked me, looking confused, but I could tell he didn't believe me.

"I was going to marry Alpha Nicolas, so I ran away from my pack. They were going to force me to do it. But he is not my mate," I stated.

Blake stared at me, wide-eyed.

"Your mate is an Alpha, I know that for sure."

"Dylan," I said, his name causing my emotions to stir.

"Your mate is Dylan? From Midnight Moon Pack?" Blake asked, incredulously.

"After I ran away from my pack, I trespassed into Dylan's territory. His Beta found me, and that's how I met Dylan. He turned out to be my mate," I admitted, leaving out all the details.

"I know Dylan. He's a young Alpha. A bit temperamental, but he has one of the strongest packs in the US," Blake said.

"Can I call him to tell him to come and get me?" I asked Blake.

"Unfortunately, things are a bit more complicated now. With Nicolas in the picture- stating you belong to him- you know a fight will sure arise?" Blake asked, looking straight into my eyes.

"That's what I don't want," I said, feeling defeated.

"You don't have to be scared Leila, but you have to tell Dylan the truth. He can't be blindsided about what happened with your pack and with Nicolas."

"Do you think he'll hate me?" I asked Blake, starting to feel insecure.

"I haven't found my mate yet. From what I hear, you'll be fine. He has to understand what you did was for a reason." 

Blake leaned forward, and held my hand in his- offering me a warm smile.

"Can I ask you something, and you can choose whether to answer or not?"

"Go ahead. I doubt there's anything worse than what you already know," I replied.

"How were things in your pack? Was Jackson a good Alpha?" Blake asked, looking genuinely concerned.

"Well, for me- I guess things were decent. I mean, I don't exactly know how everything worked in other packs, but it could've been better though," I answered.

"Did anyone, you know, hurt you?"

"I think we all knew better than to do something that would get us in trouble. But, my dad is the Beta of the pack. Just for that, I had a lot more privileges that the other members didn't."

"You were getting forced into an arranged marriage and your dad is the Beta of your pack?" Blake asked, starting to get worked up.

"Blake, it's okay. I'm fine," I told him, squeezing his hand- trying to calm him down.

"An arranged marriage between werewolves has got to be some sick joke. But Nicolas is what, 17 years older than you? And your father could have stopped this!"

 Blake had gotten up from his chair and was pacing around the room.

I sat quietly in my chair, not knowing what to tell him. I didn't really know Blake that well. 

I had just met him today, but he seemed like a calm person. I was sure he hardly ever got upset over anything.

"Umm... Blake, do you want to go for a run or something?"

"I'm sorry, I'm losing control. It's just that the way Jackson is running his pack is wrong. No one should have to correct him, because he should already know."

Blake once again took a seat, but he put his head in his hands.

"I didn't think you would really care. It's not your pack," I stated.

"It's not. But people count on us to know how to lead. He's doing a poor job at it."

I walked around the desk, and placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

He placed his hand over mine, and turned up to look at me.

"You know, you really are beautiful," Blake told me. My cheeks felt warm, and I only smiled at him- not wanting to add anything else.

"We need to figure out what we will do, but tonight, you can rest here. Tomorrow, we'll make a plan."

I nodded and started making my way out the door, until I remembered I didn't know where I would sleep.

"You can take the third room on the left, in the second floor," Blake told me, almost reading my mind.

Before leaving his office, I turned to face Blake, wanting to ask him something that had been bugging me.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Why go through all the trouble, if I'm just a rogue?"

"You will be a great Luna one day, you know that?" Blake replied, offering me the smile I had been used to receiving from him all day.

I nodded my head, not really believing his words were true, and left the room.

I burrowed one of Blake's shirts to sleep in, and only wore that to bed. I was lying down, facing the ceiling. 

I felt tired, and my body was exhausted from the long run. Despite that, my mind was busy with scenarios of things that could happen.

Tonight was the first night I was sleeping away from Dylan and I really missed him. 

My wolf was whimpering silently, wanting to have him near us. I laid down sideways, and hugged a pillow- feeling myself start to shed tears.

I was going to call Dylan tomorrow and tell him where I was and everything about the packs. 

I only feared that he would be too angry, or he wouldn't want me back.

Show the vote button some love, and leave a comment if you will. Thank you loads for reading! Cheers!