Chapter 87

I didn't think anything of it, but Eric was at my side in an instant, snarling at Liam.

"Don't f*cking touch her!" Eric sneered.

Liam moved his hand back, but he didn't say anything. He didn't even look affected by Eric.

Even though Eric looked friendly, or at least to me- I had seen his Wolf. He was just as big as Jace, he was the fastest Wolf in the pack- after Dylan, and he was pretty damn intimidating.

"Eric, I'm fine," I told him, placing my hand on his arm- trying to calm him down.

"I don't want that Rogue touching you," he said, keeping his eyes on Liam.

"Alright, he'll keep away. I promise," I told him.

Eric finally looked at me, but he still seemed angry.

Instead of leaving back out of the cell, he locked it, and sat down on the small bed. He was closer to us, since I was sitting on the ground, right in front of the bed.

"You two are together, aren't you," Liam asked, with a grin on his face.

He turned to face Eric, and chuckled.

I found myself frowning at him, not liking his insinuations about Eric and me.

"We're not together. Eric is my guard, and my best friend. He's family," I explained to Liam, as I turned to give Eric a smile.

Eric returned my smile, but the moment his eyes landed on Liam- he growled.

"I think the pup has a crush on the Luna," Liam commented.

"Hey, don't do that," I told him, noticing that Eric was getting worked up again.

"I don't like this guy," Eric said, as he began pacing the room.

"What, I'm just saying what I think," Liam said.

"No one wants to know what you think, so shut up!" Eric snapped.

"Eric, calm down. He's just messing around," I told Eric, trying to get him to sit down.

When he finally did, Liam apologized for making those comments. There was a playful expression on his face, but Eric seemed content enough with the apology.

"I'm in love with a Luna," Liam said, as he scooted over to rest his back on the edge of his bed.

"I heard what you did," I told him, remembering the words from the guy in his pack.

"I'm not in love with Leila. She's my Luna, and the most important thing to me. But she's like my sister. Her approval and happiness are really important to me," Eric said, which made both Liam and me turn to face him.

I smiled, already knowing that was how Eric felt about me. Liam was the one who looked surprised.

"That's good to hear. Messing with someone else's mate will lead to no good. I know, I tried it," Liam continued on his story.

"What happened?" I asked. A part of me was hoping he was innocent. He looked like a good guy. If anything, he looked like he'd been through hell and back- and he was still so young.

"I lost my mate a few years back. I'd been a Rogue since I first shifted into a Wolf. When I went back to my family, it was just to attack two of the packs there- Blue Bloods and New Elite. Back then, they had John and Marcus as Alphas. Now, Layton and Zeverus- who also happens to be my cousin- have taken over."

"You're related to the New Elite Alpha?" I asked him, feeling my curiosity grow.

His Wolf had to be really strong. Any lineage from an Alpha or a Beta guaranteed you a strong Wolf.

"Yes, but I'm not in good terms with him. I was there to kidnap a girl- the mate of the Blue Bloods Alpha."

His words made him sound guilty, but his expression only showed how miserable he was feeling.

"She's everything. The moment I saw her, I knew something about her was different. I still had a mindset about taking over both packs- but I wanted to keep her. Plenty of sh!t happened, people fought, wings came out. I ended up being friends with her," he continued. 

I was confused by some of his comments, but I kept it to myself.

"What happened then?"

"I wanted her. My Wolf wanted her. I'd never thought I'd get a second chance at a mate. With Cassidy, it was that and so much more. So, I took her and- and got caught while doing so."

By this point, I was biting my nails.

Liam looked so heartbroken. I wanted to get into his cell and hold him. I wanted to tell him it would all be fine, but I couldn't. My words wouldn't be enough.

"Layton and Zeverus caught me, they shipped me off, and here I am," he said, pointing at himself.

I looked at him and offered a sad smile. He gave me one in return, but the empty look in his eyes remained.

"I'm sorry," I said, wishing those words were comforting.

"Those other Rogues, they came here to get you. You didn't want to leave," I told him, in a questioning tone.

"I'll only hurt Cassidy. She kept pleading Layton- his mate- not to kill me. I knew she loved me, even though it wasn't the way I wanted her to. She didn't love me like she loved him. Leaving, it means nothing. I have nowhere to go. If I leave, I'll chase after her. That isn't fair for anyone."

I was shocked by his words, but at the same time, impressed.

I didn't know what to say, so I stayed quiet.

Eric had been listening to Liam's story as well. His hand was on my shoulder, but he kept his eyes on Liam. I was glad he didn't seem angry anymore. If anything, he also looked sorry for what Liam had been through.

We continued talking all morning. I was surprised when I saw Scott walk downstairs with two trays in his hands.

"Luna!" He cheerfully greeted me, signaling for Eric to get out.

Scott gave Eric my tray, and then went over to hand Liam his food.

When I checked the time, I realized it was already nine in the morning. Blake was either on his way or already getting here.

"If you want, you could become part of the pack," I offered Liam.

Comment and vote if you'd like. The next chapter (in Blake's POV) takes place at the same time that this one is happening. Do not get confused with the times. I mention what time of the day it is often in the chapter.