Chapter 46

I was standing around when I heard the front door open. The three guys who had brought the Rogue were walking out, accompanied by John and Eric.

 I didn't doubt there were probably other guys from the pack watching to make sure the strange Wolves left without harming anyone.

"Wait," I said, walking after them when they passed me.

They stopped and turned around to face me. John and Eric looked confused that I had called them out.

"Do you need anything Luna?" Eric asked, offering a warm smile.

"What did he do?" I asked, looking from one guy to the next.

They all stayed quiet, looking at one another. After a few more moments of silence, someone finally said something.

"He kidnapped our Luna, and would've raped her had we not gotten there in time to stop him," the third guy who hadn't spoken before, answered me.

Any thought of me defending the Rogue died down after he said that.

Both John and Eric widened their eyes, looking as surprised as me.

I nodded at them, and walked away before they had a chance to say anything else.

I thought about myself. I could've been him. He was a Rogue too, just like me. What would've become of me if Dylan hadn't been my mate? I would've been left to roam around, trying to find a place to settle in.

Of course I would never do what he had done. But, what if I would've turned out bad, and done worse things than what he did?

All the thoughts were jumbled up in my mind. I was going crazy with all the possibilities of my fate had I not found Dylan.

I hadn't really noticed when it was that I started running toward the woods. I didn't feel like shifting. No. I felt like clearing my mind. My body needed exercise and I wanted to blow out some steam.

By the time I stopped running, my calves felt on fire. I was out of breath and my shirt stuck to me. It must've been hours since I left the house. I looked around, feeling stupid that I hadn't paid attention to where I was going.

'Leila, baby, where are you?' I heard Dylan's voice, desperately calling out to me.

'I went out for a run. I'm heading home already,' I replied.

'Where are you, I'll come get you,' he said. I could feel him moving around.

I was about to reply to him when I heard a noise somewhere near, and got distracted. I blocked Dylan out of my mind without thinking.

There was no one around while I had been running. I paid close attention and noticed it was almost the end of the woods.

I continued walking, and when I came out of the tree covered area, I saw a street. What got my attention though was the diner. It was the place where I had met Jace. Just like the night when I had first arrived in this town, everything looked lonely- desolate.

The hotel was there as well, looking warm and welcoming. I smiled at the memory, never imagining that my life would change so much just because I had stopped in this town.

"Leila," I heard someone say from behind me.

I turned around to see Jace leaning on a tree, with his arms crossed, and looking up at the sky.

"Hey," I said, waving at him.

"Where did you go? Dylan has been calling you through the mind link for a while now. He has some people from the pack looking for you," Jace said, now looking relieved since I was here.

"Do you think I would've been like that Rogue? Hurting people if I hadn't found you that day- if I hadn't met Dylan?" I asked Jace, fearing what his answer would be.

"No, you're different. From what I hear, he has reasons for being that way. You were a Rogue for a day," Jace said, smiling at me and letting out a small chuckle.

I joined him, but still not feeling pleased.

"What if Dylan hadn't been my mate?" I asked, more to myself.

"Then you would've stayed with me. You were mine before being his," Jace said, taking a step closer to me.

I laughed at his comment, and shook my head at him.

"You will find your mate sooner or later, and I would've been left alone," I told him, looking up at the star covered sky.

"You don't know that. But, it's not something you have to think about. You have Dylan, and that's all that matters. Having any other thoughts will only torment you," Jace said, walking toward me, running a hand over my cheek.

His comment- it meant the world to me. It was something that I knew, but the reassurance of his words- it felt amazing.

We started walking back to the house- taking longer since we were taking our time.

Dylan had been in my mind, ordering me to tell him where I was. I just blocked him out, knowing it was better if I walked there, and took my time.

The conversation Jace and I had during the way was nice. It was what I needed to feel better. Dylan would either bluntly tell me what was on his mind, or sugar coat things from me.

"Where have you two been?" Dylan asked as soon as we stood outside the house.

"I was bringing her back. If you don't need anything else from me, I'll be on my way," Jace told Dylan.

"Go," was all Dylan replied.

I gave Dylan a look, frowning at him for his behavior. He seemed hesitant to listen to me, but finally he spoke.

"Thank you, for bringing her home," Dylan said to Jace, who was already turning to leave.

Jace turned back to face us. He nodded at Dylan and smiled at me before leaving.

Once we were inside, I expected Dylan to go crazy jealous- questioning me more about Jace and I.

I was surprised when he closed the door and shoved me on it. Just as I was about to hit the door roughly, he stopped me and I only felt the door barely touch my back.

He brought his lips over mine, leaning down enough to be closer to my height.

His hands were on my waist, squeezing it enough to cause shivers to rise on my body. I felt his tongue wanting entrance. He didn't wait for me give him permission as he bit my lower lip and made me open my mouth.

He wasted no time as he started playing with my tongue, massaging it with his.

I wrapped my hands around his neck, wanting to get him closer to me. My back was resting more to the door, and I felt the knob press uncomfortably on my back.

It was bothering me, but not enough to push Dylan away for it.

I didn't have to say anything about it because in that moment, Dylan pulled away.

"I believe I have you for the rest of the night. No questions, no objections," Dylan said in a husky voice, with a smirk on his face.

Comment and vote if you'd like:D Thanks for reading! Cheers!