Chapter 77

I slowly opened the door of our room. It didn't make any sound, but if Dylan was awake, he would be able to hear it.

Now that there was no movement in the house and everything was still, it felt a lot bigger.

I could see my shadowed figure as I walked the few steps to the room where Dylan was in. The cold air was hitting my skin that was only covered by a small singlet and some boxer shorts.

There was a big chance that Dylan was still awake, but I was praying that he would be asleep. As it was, it felt embarrassing to be joining him after how much distance I'd put between us earlier in the day.

In the end, it was me who was giving up and giving in.

I noticed Dylan lying down right after I opened the door. He was on his back, with his hands resting on his stomach.

When I closed the door to the room, he sat up all the way.

"Hey," I said, not moving from where I was standing.

He didn't say anything back, but his lips held a smile. It was dark in the room, but I was able to see him. Dylan seemed to be waiting for me to make the next move. Now that I was here though, I wasn't sure what I had been planning to do.

I had wanted to get into bed without him noticing. It was something I knew wouldn't happen even before I came to join him.

"I'm going to..." I said, letting the sentence carry on.

Dylan moved over on the bed, even though it was big enough to fit us both without him having to scoot to either side.

I made my way to the bed, lying down without saying a word.

When I reached the bed, I decided to lay down facing away from him. In my mind, it was the only thing I could do to keep whatever pride I had left.

As usual, Dylan pressed himself to me.

I could've said that I minded how close we were. I could've complained about how warm he was, which was making me feel hot. I could've pointed out that I was still mad at him.

But I didn't.

Having my back pressed to him as he lazily rested his arm over my waist, made up for the crappy day I'd been having.

My Wolf practically purred at being in Dylan's arms. I sighed, resting my body against him, and letting myself drift to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I was surprised to find Dylan still in bed. Most times than not, he was already gone.

This morning, he was sleeping peacefully right next to me.

It was me who got out from under his arm that was still over my waist. Right after I put my feet on the ground, I felt Dylan stirring beside me.

"You're awake," he said, his voice sounding husky from sleep.

I nodded, and continued on my way out of the room. I didn't turn around to face him, but I heard as he sat up on the bed.

I was glad he didn't make a comment about last night, and me going into the room to sleep with him.

After showering and getting ready for the day, I made my way downstairs.

I found Eric in the living room playing with a white DS.

"You're up early," Eric commented, as I took a seat on the same couch he was in.

"What time is it?"

"Almost noon," he replied, with a teasing grin on his face.

"Oh wow, I didn't know it was that late," I told him, frowning.

Last night, I'd fallen asleep early. I wasn't sure why I'd slept for so long.

"You had a rough day. I think we all did," Eric said, before turning back to his game.

"You look really calm about it," I pointed out.

Eric chuckled- closing the DS and putting it to the side.

"Dinner with my family was good. I might have gotten laid after that at the club, so it could be that too," he replied, answering with more information than I needed.

"Really? Did I have to know that?" I asked, shaking my head at him disapprovingly.

The grin on his face only made me want to smile along with him. When he noticed me smiling back, he started again with unnecessary details about his "exciting night".

Dylan walked into the living room about fifteen minutes later, dressed casually, and managing to look really good.

Both Eric and I fell silent when he took a seat on the shoulder of the couch.

"Are you going to make breakfast? I was waiting for you to wake up. I only ate a PB&J sandwich," Eric told me.

"Oh right, what do you guys want to eat?" I asked, snapping my gaze away from Dylan.

I was grateful for Eric's breakfast comment. The silence had been starting to feel thick and my staring at Dylan wasn't exactly helping. I was glad when Dylan proposed to go have breakfast in town.

Right after we were done eating, Dylan dismissed Eric. There wasn't really a point in taking up his day if Dylan wasn't going to be busy.

We were walking along the shops in town. As usual, we passed not only humans, but pack members as well.

I thought they would be mad at me. All the guys who had been there yesterday saw how I had gone against Dylan. I was thinking the resentment I felt toward the pack was mutual. 

When we passed by them, they nodded or said 'hello' as if the previous day hadn't happened.

Dylan later told me that not everyone knew about yesterday. I wasn't sure how to feel about that.

I felt Dylan's gaze on me while I focused on some people from the pack. When I looked up, he began sliding the outside of his hand on my arm slowly. When his hand touched mine, he intertwined them, as he smiled at me.

I didn't pull away, but I did feel my heart beating a bit faster by his actions.

We continued walking hand in hand until we reached his car.

Since Dylan had dismissed Eric for the day, I was sure he wouldn't be going out anywhere. When he started driving, I assumed we were going home. It wasn't until he made a different turn, that I realized we were going somewhere else.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, after getting tired of guessing.

"We're going to see Lilly and John," he replied.

"We are?" I felt slightly nervous about that. I wanted to see how she was doing. I'd never met her before, but I knew John. Even if we weren't exactly friends, I did care about him. He'd been my guard for some time.

"I think it'll be good for you. Maybe you can see the other side of things," Dylan said, giving me a short look, before turning back to the road.

"Is she okay?" I nervously asked.

"She's fine now. When her body accepted the blood, it made the healing easier for her Wolf."

Comment and vote if you'd like. Thanks for reading :D Cheers!