Chapter 72

"I talked with John," Dylan said, looking directly at Blake.

"I was just waiting for you to come, because I know none of them have the authority. I want my mate released," Blake stated.

Christy had stood up, and was now standing right behind me. I had assumed she would move closer to Blake, but I didn't question it when she stood closer to me instead.

"John's mate will be fine in a few days," Dylan continued, like if Blake hadn't spoken.

When Dylan mentioned Lilly, I noticed Blake's features significantly soften. He cared about what had happened to Lilly, but not at the expense of losing his mate over it.

"That's good to hear," Blake said.

"John is my third in command, and he's always been a faithful member of the pack," Dylan said.

"I know, and I'm sorry that this incident happened," Blake said, even though his voice held a hard edge.

"He wants the head of all four Rogues. That includes your mate," Dylan told Blake.

At his words, Blake let out an audible growl. Even Christy, who had been putting up a strong front, backed away from him.

"That isn't going to happen," Blake stated, leaving no room for argument.

Dylan turned to look at me.

"I agree with Blake. I want Christy to be released," I told him.

The room grew tense after I said that. No one was speaking, which was making everything worse.

Blake seemed to be waiting for what Dylan had to say. I couldn't tell what was running through Dylan's mind, because his expressionless features weren't giving anything away.

I tried searching his mind, but he was blocking me out completely. I wasn't used to being cut off from him. He always let me in his mind whenever I pleased. 

The fact that this was the first time he ever blocked me out, it was worrying me.

I didn't have time to think about anything, because in that moment, members of our pack started pouring in. The surrounded all of us, including Eric and me.

"Dylan, what's happening?" I asked, my voice sounding nervous.

Dylan turned to look at me with that serious expression he so often wore, but he didn't say anything.

"What are you going to do?" I asked again, and this time, Dylan took a step toward me.

"I've already made my decision. The safety of my pack comes before anything else," Dylan said, while looking at me, and then turning to face Blake.

My heart was pounding fast in my chest, already predicting what would happen but wanting to find a way to stop it. It didn't matter that I was Luna of the pack. I knew that Dylan's order would carry out more power than anything I said.

"Take her," Dylan gave an order to the guy that was next to Eric.

Eric stepped in front of me, blocking the guy that was trying to get me.

"Step away, Eric," Dylan said, his voice was low, but still with command behind it.

"Where is he taking her?" Eric asked Dylan, but he didn't back away.

Dylan looked surprise that Eric was speaking up, but it only lasted a second.

"Home- I don't want her to be here for this," Dylan replied.

Blake, who had been looking at me, was now turning to face Dylan. His clenched jaw, and dark look told me it was only a matter of minutes until Blake's Wolf came out.

"Is this your final decision?" Blake asked Dylan.

"No, it's not!" I practically shouted, not wanting for them to fight.

"Take her home. If I find so much as a mark on Leila, someone's going pay for it," Dylan said, directing his intimidating stare to three guys who stood closest to Eric and me.

The guys were trying to get to me, but Eric was blocking them. He shoved them away at first, not letting the guys take me.

As soon as he did that, Dylan signaled four more guys to get Eric away and lock him up with me at the mansion.

Blake was trying to get to me, but when he took a step in my direction, a few other guys from the pack restrained him.

As opposed to Eric and me, it was taking almost eight guys to hold Blake back, and even they were struggling.

Christy wasn't saying anything, but as two guys carried me out of the hallway, I could see her eyes watery. A streak of tears was falling down her cheek.

It was making me cry out even more, because it wasn't fair.

We'd only made it out of the metal door, when more guys from the pack made their way toward Dylan and Blake.

Blake was an Alpha, but there was no way he would stand a chance with so many guys restraining, or even worse- hurting him.

Even then, if there was the odd chance that Blake actually took them on, I felt he wouldn't be able to overpower Dylan.

My screams to be let go were falling on deaf ears, as I was being carried up to the top part of the house. The only one who seemed to be affected by what I was yelling was Eric. Several times he actually pulled himself away from the guys that were holding him.

He was trying to reach me, but every time he got close, someone else would come along to pull him away.

We'd just reached the top level, when I noticed Eric getting angrier than he was before, until he shifted into his Wolf. I was glad Eric's Wolf was huge. He wasn't as big as an Alpha, but he was a lot bigger than most other male Wolves I'd seen.

Just for a moment, it gave me hope that we might be able to escape, and somehow get back to help Blake and Christy.

All of the excitement I felt for a single moment went down the drain when Jace walked through the door of the house.

I turned to look at him, hoping that he would help me. My voice already felt tired from so much screaming that I'd been doing. When I finally got my thoughts in place to speak, Jace gave out an order that left me shocked.

"Knock her out, and then take her home. I'll take care of Eric," Jace told the three guys that were trying to force me out of the place.

I was about to protest, when I saw Jace jump in the air, and shift into his Wolf, as he tackled Eric down on the ground.

I let my Wolf surface, letting her take control, knowing she would have a better handle in the situation.

I'd only just felt my body shaking, as I was getting ready to shift, when something hard struck just below the back of my head, and everything went black.

Comment and vote if you'd like:)